4.0 Obersvations- post your undocumented changes here
From a DK tank perspective, particularly one who learned how to tank with a Blood tree spec, my only real observation is how gimped I feel without the extra threat placed on Icy Touch, and the inability to shorten the cooldown on Death and Decay. With the reduction in threat to Icy Touch, it makes it harder to jump out to a quick threat lead, as it forces you to take some hits to get a Rune Strike proc before you really can ramp up your threat. I'm not sure how I'll tank 5 mans with the monkey pug dps, but I haven't tested that yet. I did feel very limited as the offtank in ICC on fights where I'm trying to stay second on threat, but am not actually tanking. That was really rough because I had no Rune Strikes to speak of. Sad
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
(10-16-2010, 02:48 AM)VoiceMan Wrote: From a DK tank perspective, particularly one who learned how to tank with a Blood tree spec, my only real observation is how gimped I feel without the extra threat placed on Icy Touch, and the inability to shorten the cooldown on Death and Decay. With the reduction in threat to Icy Touch, it makes it harder to jump out to a quick threat lead, as it forces you to take some hits to get a Rune Strike proc before you really can ramp up your threat. I'm not sure how I'll tank 5 mans with the monkey pug dps, but I haven't tested that yet. I did feel very limited as the offtank in ICC on fights where I'm trying to stay second on threat, but am not actually tanking. That was really rough because I had no Rune Strikes to speak of. Sad

In AoE situations, I've seen that a combination of using the DnD Prime Glyph, Pestilence and Blood Boil Major Glyphs, with a dose of using Plague Strike whenever possible after spreading diseases with Pestilence ends up allowing for a good AoE threat lead as you can BB after every use of PS on a target that has Blood Plague. Definitely a lot of glyph swapping for DK tanks between AoE and Single Target tanking will be needed.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(10-13-2010, 02:56 PM)shoju Wrote: how is 4.0 finding other people?
Warlock pets have all been renamed. This was not intentional, but alas can't be reversed.

Not only is my warlock's voidwalker someone else, the new demon can't even hold aggro. Old Helkath could hold aggro on mobs just fine (most of the time). Back to drain tanking.

On the more positive side 4.0.1 warlock mana is plentiful. I respeced (26g) to drop Improved Lifetap. By the way, just what is the past tense of "respec"?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(10-16-2010, 06:20 PM)LavCat Wrote: . By the way, just what is the past tense of "respec"?

It depends whether spec is short for specification or specialization.

If it's short for specification, then it's based on the verb specify and it would be respecified.

If it's short for specialization, then respec doens't work, because specialization is a noun. In this case it would be correct to say you "changed specialization". But the fact that respecialization isn't a word suggests that spec probably isn't short for specialization.

So, assuming "respec" makes grammatical sense, respecified would be the "proper" past tense of respec.

Note that most of the above was my own thought process of getting to the conclusion. If I was smart, I wouldn't have even listed specialization as an option, because I would have known it was a noun without having to go look it up.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
(10-16-2010, 07:41 PM)Concillian Wrote:
(10-16-2010, 06:20 PM)LavCat Wrote: . By the way, just what is the past tense of "respec"?

If it's short for specification, then it's based on the verb specify and it would be respecified.

If it's short for specialization, then respec doens't work, because specialization is a noun. In this case it would be correct to say you "changed specialization". But the fact that respecialization isn't a word suggests that spec probably isn't short for specialization.

So, assuming "respec" makes grammatical sense, respecified would be the "proper" past tense of respec.

Note that most of the above was my own thought process of getting to the conclusion. If I was smart, I wouldn't have even listed specialization as an option, because I would have known it was a noun without having to go look it up.

I believe "respec" is an abbreviation for "respecialize", the past tense of which would be "respecialized" if I am not mistaken. But if one says "respecialized" folks will look at you funny. What then is the past tense of "respec"? Note "respec" is often used by some as a noun, but I am speaking of the verb (obviously I hope).
(10-16-2010, 07:41 PM)Concillian Wrote:

I would suggest that "to spec" is to specialize. That would make the past tense specialized, and to have specialized again as respecialized, which I would game speak as respecced.

[edit] Never mind - that's what happens when I walk away in the middle of replying. Blush
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Respec'd is how I say the past tense of Resepc. Sure, it isn't "right", but it is understandable, and not horridly offensive (at least to my ears).
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(10-13-2010, 02:56 PM)shoju Wrote: how is 4.0 finding other people?

Flask of the North and Elixir of Water Walking cannot be used together.

MOLL-E is now soulbound.

My characters can't res in Wintergrasp. Fortunately they do not often die.
I'm not sure if this is new or not, I've never seen it before, but while idling at the character select screen your character will play out an animation every 30 seconds or so.
I can no longer drop my current target by clicking on the ground. I have to hit the escape key. I have the feeling this is something I've done to myself somehow though...
(10-17-2010, 07:15 AM)vor_lord Wrote: I can no longer drop my current target by clicking on the ground. I have to hit the escape key. I have the feeling this is something I've done to myself somehow though...

Sticky targeting is an interface option. I like it myself.

Another observation: Glyph of Curse of Exaustion is broken it seems.
(10-17-2010, 07:15 AM)vor_lord Wrote: I can no longer drop my current target by clicking on the ground. I have to hit the escape key. I have the feeling this is something I've done to myself somehow though...

Interface-->Combat-->Sticky Targeting was turned on by the patch for some reason.

(I think that's the path)
--Mav
along with sticky targeting, Auto loot was shut off, and several other features. Very irritating.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Auto loot wasn't shut off for me. However I now crash out of Occulus regardless of mods running or shut off, and swim constantly in Hellfire Peninsula.
Currently a PoE junkie. Wheeeeee
(10-18-2010, 05:56 AM)VinnieJones Wrote: Auto loot wasn't shut off for me. However I now crash out of Occulus regardless of mods running or shut off, and swim constantly in Hellfire Peninsula.

I'm jealous!
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
I'd be happy if it didn't put me on a dungeon finder cooldown every time I crash out.
Currently a PoE junkie. Wheeeeee
(10-14-2010, 12:37 AM)Sabra Wrote:
(10-13-2010, 05:06 PM)Lissa Wrote: *cries* RIP Garrin

Sad Sad Sad Sad

RIP indeed. Lissa, that was the first thing that came to mind when I read about pets being renamed. Really quite a little tragedy.

Time to get an inscription for locks to rename their pets as hunters can.

I got my demon, Helkath, back. Thank you Blizzard.
I alas, didn't get my demons back. Beltal the imp, and Belgorg the voidwalker are gone. I still have leeshedvuvuzelaman for my felguard, though I don't expect that would change anyway since I didn't have him until after 4.0
(10-20-2010, 01:52 PM)shoju Wrote: I alas, didn't get my demons back. Beltal the imp, and Belgorg the voidwalker are gone. I still have leeshedvuvuzelaman for my felguard, though I don't expect that would change anyway since I didn't have him until after 4.0

Try putting in a ticket. I just double checked that I really, really had old Helkath back. The unfamiliar familiar's name had started with a "K". I guess I'm a voidwalker sort of girl, as I hardly recall what the other demons look like, let alone their names.

On the other hand my post 4.0.1 ticket experience has not been great. Rather than a GM response I got an email from Blizzard suggesting I remove my wtf, cache, and interface directories, and offering detailed advice on how to do this. This in response to not being able to res in Wintergrasp.
Since my warlock is still a little person (28 i think) I still know the names of the imp and vw because I used them for a good bit of the time I have on the character).

I put in a ticket, and will see what happens. I'm honestly more interested in getting the felguard name changed... i can deal with the new demon names I have as they aren't horrid, but man... leeshvazul has GOT. TO. GO.