How are you guys becoming filthy rich?
(02-19-2011, 08:02 PM)LavCat Wrote:
(02-19-2011, 05:50 PM)NiteFox Wrote: Maybe about the time I stop dicking around with Archeology I might have something to do with all the cash I've made in the process, but right now I've got other priorities than greed.

Oddly it was archaeology that prompted me to start amassing gold. All my characters now want sandstone drakes.

Of course, it could also be said that Archeology is the only "free" profession. Barring the low training costs, and maybe any flights you pay for, you don't have to spend anything to level it. If, like myself, you fly everywhere manually, even cross-continent (Oh, I love those Felwood -> Un'goro flights) you save even more.

And some of those vendor trash items you can assemble are worth a fair amount. I vendored a Night Elf piece worth 100 gold the other day. Granted, it's not going to make you an absolute fortune, and neither is the sideline you get from auctioning all those greens and blues you find from any nearby Rares or chests, but at least your outlay is near zero.

Couple that with your usual money making scams, and you've got yourself a nice, reliable sideline to help pay the bills. Now if only Archeology wasn't more akin to shooting oneself in the skull.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How are you guys becoming filthy rich? - by NiteFox - 02-19-2011, 08:44 PM
RE: How are you guys becoming filthy rich? - by dotonir - 06-11-2011, 06:48 PM
"How I Did It" -- Pyotr Bankensteen - by --Pete - 06-18-2011, 08:08 PM