How are you guys becoming filthy rich?
Watch patch notes and plan ahead. Darkmoon cards/decks was a decent way to make money, but right now i wouldn't recommend it too highly. I invested about 20-30k into it and have made roughly 40k, but that isn't a huge profit and it was a ton of work. THe best thing i can recommend to making gold on wow is to farm up something that is easy to farm, get around 40-50k, and then start investing in something that you know will be worth more later on.

For me, that means amassing pyrite ore since it will be prospectable for epic gems eventually (probably in 4.2). So far i have bought roughly 40k worth of pyrite @ 3-4 gold per ore ( i only buy when prices dip low ). If you remember, Titanium ore (the wrath equivalent) spiked to as high as 15-20 gold per ore. Cata gold is hugely inflated, but if pyrite ore spikes to just as high as titanium did in wrath, I will triple or quadruple my money. If it goes as high as I think it will.. i will probably get 9-10x that back if i sell it, possibly even more if i prospect it on my JC (who is hoarding JC tokens for the epic gem patch, currently at about 40 of em) and cut epic gems, which I could see selling for easily 300-500 gold per in the first 2-3 weeks after epic gem patch is released.

So that's my plan anyway. I'd like to have around 100k invested into pyrite ore by the time the epic gem patch hits, and if i make my money back x10 then.. well you get the picture, WoW millionaire inc =)

FYI if you do this you're going to need to invest in a seperate personal guild back on an alt. My alt has a 5 tab bank + full bank with all bag slots full of pyrite atm, and i ahve a ton left on another character too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How are you guys becoming filthy rich? - by Durabull - 05-08-2011, 09:52 AM
RE: How are you guys becoming filthy rich? - by dotonir - 06-11-2011, 06:48 PM
"How I Did It" -- Pyotr Bankensteen - by --Pete - 06-18-2011, 08:08 PM