How are you guys becoming filthy rich?
(06-18-2011, 08:08 PM)--Pete Wrote: I actually started a banker on an unrelated alliance realm (alliance seems to be more profitable than horde -- no good idea why -- just to see how fast I could build her up. Starting just with the stuff given to a level 1, with no outside help, and doing nothing but AH (no kills, no skills, nothing else), I was able to build her to about 100,000 gold in three to four months.

That's incredible. I love it.

I'm having a lot more fun with the financial side of WoW right now than the "real game". Instead of my combat statistic numbers go up, I'm watching my gold number rise.

I started completely fresh back just before Cataclysm launched and I've made a few hundred thousand gold since then. I've spent a lot of it on dumb fun stuff, but I still love watching that gold number grow higher.

I mostly post fast-moving raw tradeskill items in bulk. I almost never post finished products. I usually post 150-300 items per day, and it's rare that an item is priced above 100g (10-20g is average). My mailbox gets a huge workout. I've flipped a few items, but I don't actively scan for items to flip.

Here's a screenshot of my main's Wealth statistics page. I have other characters that make me a lot of money, but I'd say most of my money is funneled through this guy.

[Image: gP1oo.jpg]

That "Most gold ever owned" line is telling. When I get to certain thresholds, I go out and buy myself something expensive.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How are you guys becoming filthy rich? - by dotonir - 06-11-2011, 06:48 PM
"How I Did It" -- Pyotr Bankensteen - by --Pete - 06-18-2011, 08:08 PM
RE: "How I Did It" -- Pyotr Bankensteen - by DeeBye - 06-19-2011, 03:09 AM