How are you guys becoming filthy rich?
(06-19-2011, 07:46 PM)--Pete Wrote: I did try various things, but found that plain flipping of bargains gave the best return on my *time*. That might no longer be true with all the changes in the game. However, when you factor in the effort and time it takes to skill up, I still think that may still be true.

I originally tried going the Auctioneer-flip-bargains route and I just couldn't get into it. I was always annoyed when I got stuck with a bad deal and had to eat a loss in profit. That turned me off of flipping.

Your method is probably better for people that study market trends and likely turns a far greater profit from investment, but my method doesn't require any micromanagement and is a nice, steady stream of incoming wealth. I guess it's like stacking AP vs. crit. Your crits get bigger numbers, but my AP gets smaller numbers way more often.

With my current JC/Alch/Enchanting strategy, everything is profit. There is a market for almost all of the uncut gems I post, and whatever doesn't sell I turn into rings/necks and mail them off to my Disenchanter. The Alchemist just does daily Transmutes (stockpiling Truegolds right now in anticipation of the new crafting recipes in 4.2).

As for time invested, I had to level 2 characters to 85 (and the required tradeskills) for it to really work. Once I got there, the time I spend making money isn't a whole lot. Prospecting ores takes the longest amount of time, but I set aside that job for when I am watching something on TV. I'd say I spend less than 15 minutes per day solely doing money-making stuff. The biggest chunk of that time is prospecting, and the second biggest chunk of that time is sifting through my mailbox. If I don't have to prospect, I can do my auctioning in no time at all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How are you guys becoming filthy rich? - by dotonir - 06-11-2011, 06:48 PM
"How I Did It" -- Pyotr Bankensteen - by --Pete - 06-18-2011, 08:08 PM
RE: "How I Did It" -- Pyotr Bankensteen - by DeeBye - 06-20-2011, 02:58 AM