Micro$haft's inevitable fall from grace!
(08-27-2013, 03:31 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Windows 8 with a start menu replacement is way better than every other version of Windows. I don't know where all the hate is coming from. Dat boot speed.

It's not the speed, but the steering. At least to me. Granted I haven't tried out the new service pack that may or may not address the problems.

I'm still using w7 (and Vista) because my main work is on desktop mode, and using a touch tablet mode style interface, on a non touchscreen desktop, is just plain ridonkulous to me.

So unless the new service pack delivers it's tentative promise of easy booting mode choices, W8 last time I tried it, was an 'in your face' interface. And not in a good way. At all.

Now I have nothing against tablets, actually I can't wait until tablets become powerful enough to basically rival laptops, or merge into a good hybrid.

But if you want to know where some of the hate-ons come from, at least from my own experience with it, it's the interface and execution of W8 that leaves users like me going...'wtf is this thing supposed to be?'

TL,DR: W8 is actually pretty good on a Surface Pro type hardware. On a non touchscreen desktop, IMO not so much.

Messages In This Thread
The hulk was exposed! - by Taem - 07-04-2013, 01:14 AM
RE: Micro$haft's inevitable fall from grace! - by Hammerskjold - 08-27-2013, 04:54 AM