This is what's wrong with the news these days.
(09-17-2013, 03:56 AM)DeeBye Wrote: http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/16/us/20-dead...index.html

Quote:(CNN) -- Here is a list of the 20 deadliest mass shootings in U.S. history from 1965 to the present. If the shooter was killed or committed suicide during the incident that death is not included in the total.

Am I the only one that sees how ridiculous and dangerous this article is?

Don't know but I personally don't see the issue. I guess what you mean is that you think lists like this will trigger others to do the same?
I don't really think so. Pushing someone over the edge is a different thing......and every small issue can push people over the edge, but to do something like this (mass killing) you have serious problems.

After checking the newspapers I see a different point that is much more dangerous.

After the Boston bombings it became clear that the Russians had already tipped of the US security agency's about the 2 bombers.
Now we see that this guy in Washington bought his firearms legally but, had already been arrested, not once but, several times for weapon related crimes. I understand that lone wolves who some attack like this are not easily stopped before doing their crime, but here we have two cases where I have the feeling that more could have been done. Especially because lots of money is spend to invade the privacy of American (and foreign) citizens by the NSa for example. To me this says that safety against terrorist attacks is not the reason that the NSA wants to know everything we email.

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is what's wrong with the news these days. - by eppie - 09-17-2013, 07:30 AM