This is what's wrong with the news these days.
(09-18-2013, 03:50 AM)DeeBye Wrote: That's exactly why I hate this type of "news". I just want to puke my guts out when I see a tragic event happen and then all of the various news channels rush to come up with a suitable shocking title and theme music when they report on it, like it's some sort of continuing serial drama.

I agree.

(09-18-2013, 03:50 AM)DeeBye Wrote: And yeah, these "top 20" lists are dangerous. Mentally unhinged people do not need a goal to shoot for so they can get top billing on CNN.

I think this is a bit of a 'blame the TV' situation. Something old people and the christian right would say.
Anyway, there is a lot of criticism on TV possible (I also have it). I personally get very upset with the millions of people wasting their life by watching reality shows, all the singing, dancing, farting contests with 'normal' people or c grade celebrities. I don't know who to get upset with more. The people who make the crap, the people who are in it, or the people who watch it, but this is a different thing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is what's wrong with the news these days. - by eppie - 09-18-2013, 07:03 AM