This is what's wrong with the news these days.
(09-19-2013, 07:12 AM)eppie Wrote: By the wat, what's up with MTV. 7, 8 years ago when I flipped channels I saw some music video's once in a while.....now they don't do that anymore. Is that because people watch music video's on youtube nowadays? MTV has actually gotten even more crap than it was a few years ago.

It's a pattern not limited to MTV, but MTV is the most noticeable and biggest example.

It looks to me when a specialty channel starts out, it usually does what it promises. At least for a while. 'The Caber Toss Channel, all day everyday 24/7 caber toss station!'. They're specialized.

Over time, they seem to lose concentration (pun intended) and starts to treat specialized\focused content as a negative.

'The Learning Channel' hasn't shown any 'Learning' content for quite a while. I think they now show mostly creepy children beauty pageants, octuplet families 'documentary' , and the latest Ashton Kutcher movies or something.

But if you want the original focused content, you can subscribe to 'fill in the blank' Plus!

EG: You want the Caber Tossing Channel to watch -just-caber tossing? Then you need the Caber Toss Channel Plus. Which is usually on a higher tier\separate subscription.

The now regular Caber Toss Channel doesn't actually have much of caber tossing. It does seem to have more reruns of NCIS, CSI (both Miami and NY), and a bunch of infomercials at night however.

*The Caber Toss Channel AFAIK doesn't exist. Which is the -real- news here! The absence of such a channel is an ongoing travesty.

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is what's wrong with the news these days. - by Hammerskjold - 09-20-2013, 11:29 PM