Vin Diesel's film company's name sounds like an Aryan hate group
(01-23-2014, 05:07 AM)DeeBye Wrote: It's like the rest of the Riddick lore. Riddick is captured by mercs. He tells the mercs how he will kill them once he's free. Riddick gets free and kills the mercs. An innocent person didn't get in Riddick's way and was saved.

I watched it again, and there was some details that I didn't remember seeing when I first saw it. Maybe because I was half asleep at the time after a long shift work.

But yeah, nice touch with the hint of 'Furya' on one of the statues. The first fight scene was really well done. Enjoyable overall, Peter Chung's graphic style meshes nicely with the Riddick universe.

Quote:Furya is only briefly mentioned at the beginning of Riddick and forgotten afterwards. It stays true to the Pitch Black version of the character.

Alright I finally managed to see this one. Definitely matches up to it's R rating, but hey I'm legal age so no problem here. I know going in it's not a 'Smurfs' movie.

The visual effects looks like it got bumped down from the 2nd's baroque over the toppiness. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it can match the 'back to core' overall direction.

There are times where it looks obvious green screen, but personally I can overlook it.

Story and character wise, I did read that some reviewers found it cheesy. Sure, some of it is. But certain things the character did, for me it was believable enough. Because I knew some people like that in real life in my younger days. The CGI dingo\dango anubis eared alien dog looks, well CGI. But the interaction between the dog and Riddick I didn't find too bad. Some of the visual designs looks like what I'd imagined if they made 'Borderlands' into a movie.

It's probably not Shakespeare in Space. However I didn't find it as bad as some reviewers claim. It becomes interesting to me, when I see it more as a story about a savagely cunning space barbarian, who got crowned as a space caesar. Him realizing (almost too late) that a kingdom\empire internal politics and power jockeying can be as lethal as a slam yard fight, and despite his anti-hero nature he does still have some kind of 'code'.

'Chronicles' has more CGI and sfx sumptuousness, along with Dame Judy Dench and Colm Feore awesome scenery chewing. 'Riddick' is pared down, back to core basics.

The ending is pure sequel bait. But I'd be interested in seeing it. Tongue

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vin Diesel's film company's name sounds like an Aryan hate group - by Hammerskjold - 01-24-2014, 01:39 AM