Does anyone own a Jeep Patriot or Jeep Compass and have an opinion?
(04-19-2014, 06:16 PM)kandrathe Wrote: We just bought a used 2008 Honda Pilot with just under 90K. For me though, unless I get a smokin' hot deal (like my 2013 Kia), I mostly avoid anything with depreciation still in it. I'm mostly looking to drive them the last 200K, and not the first 100K.

I've usually done that too, but this time I think I want something either brand new or new enough that it's essentially brand new. I just started a new job a few months ago that's far enough away that I really need reliable transportation. Cabs and public transportation are not options, and my current '03 Olds Alero is reliable enough for me now, but it is starting to show some wear. I am not a car guy and have no idea how to fix it if it doesn't start.

Also, we had a hell of a crappy winter. Even my wife is starting to get sick of driving her tiny hatchback in the snow. Every winter that passes makes 4WD more appealing to us. We might just trade both of our old cars for new(ish) 4WD vehicles at the same time. I imagine we could swing a very good deal that way. It's not something we are prepared to do right now, but within a year or so we might be.

(04-19-2014, 06:16 PM)kandrathe Wrote: In my research into reviews for "Best Affordable SUV", it looks like you've found the right answer already.

I suspected as such. Just to be clear - I'm not set on a SUV for myself. I would actually prefer a compact 4-cyl pickup truck with 4WD, but they are non-existent. I'm also looking very closely at a Jeep Wrangler. The base model is pretty close to the prices of the 4WD Patriot and Compass, but it has way worse fuel economy thanks to its standard V6. Gas is expensive in Canada.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does anyone own a Jeep Patriot or Jeep Compass and have an opinion? - by DeeBye - 04-20-2014, 03:28 AM