On assaulting Nurses and Pro Football players.
Quote:Entirely irrelevant to what I stated, which is that Catalan and Spanish are distinctive, separate languages, with which you just concurred. I have a sneaky suspicion anyways, that most of the Catalans who favor independence, speak Catalan as their first and/or primary language. I mean, I could be wrong, but is it a bet I would take to Vegas? You betcha.

If you are correct then most people who live there do not support independence from Spain, since less than one third of the population speak Catalan as their first language.
Moreover, my points about language are relevant because you stated, "Why do they want independence? Because Catalans have their own culture, language..." You brought up the language, not me.

Quote:History
Catalans overwhelmingly approved the 1978 constitution, the terms of which render a unilateral vote for independence null and void.
Quote:I have some news for you. We are not in 1978 anymore. We are in fact, in the year 2017.

I pointed out that Catalonia overwhelmingly approved the 1978 constitution because you made the incorrect observation that, "they never were a part of Spanish territory WILLFULLY." That is just absolutely incorrect.

The primary reason some residents of Catalonia want to secede is the redistribution of wealth. It is odd that a communist such as yourself is opposed to the redistribution of wealth.

I agree that police do abuse their positions. I have seen police overstep their bounds with my own eyes. However, you should probably avoid making sweeping reckless statements about without full possession of the facts. As Mark Twain said, “Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.”
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]

Messages In This Thread
RE: On assaulting Nurses and Pro Football players. - by Alram - 10-03-2017, 07:27 PM