Showing ID & signing in to buy OTC cold medicines?
Doc,Apr 15 2005, 08:14 PM Wrote:Trying to open the doors to perception and all that. I once took way much acid... Entirely to much. I was trying to "force a door open" and I took the acid in Tacoma Washington. I came to a couple of days later down in San Jose in California with no recollection of how I got there.

Looking back, now that I am older but I don't know about wiser, I would say what I did constitutes abuse.
[right][snapback]74142[/snapback][/right]

I'd call it a lapse of judgment. The social setting and encouragement to experiment with mind altering substances was massive in that period. There were a lot of silly bits of conventional wisdom in those days about the harmlessness of a number of substances that encouraged folks to try stuff out.

Overusing acid is, to my mind, a bit like having had a couple of beers too many. It is bound to happen now and again if you are using the substance for recreational purposes. Over doing heroin, of course, could put one to sleep forever. Caveat Emptor. Finding one's limits is one way to learn when to judge "eh, I think that's enough for me . . . hey, are you really a musk ox, or is that just three days not shaving?" :P

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
Showing ID & signing in to buy OTC cold medicines? - by Occhidiangela - 04-17-2005, 07:18 PM