Looking for Hellfire programmers
Hammerskjold,Apr 19 2005, 03:30 AM Wrote:Interesting stuff there.  I still think it was a mistake for bliz to shut out b.net multiplayer for HF. 

>In addition, the stats and abilities for the Bard was not fine-tuned for 1.01 (I actually helped some but my suggestions was just that late for inclusion in 1.01), so she remained to similar to the Rogue in my opinion.

I'm curious now, do you still remember what your suggestions were?
[right][snapback]74380[/snapback][/right]

Yes, I still have the mails back home, so I will toss them up when I get there, have to wait a day or two since I forwarded the wrong mail to were I am now.

I can tempt you with the ideas for a Bloodwizzard though. It was not meant to be a "balanced" char, especially not compared to the others. It was meant to be a mix between a sorcerer and a warrior basically. Ideas tossed arround:

Can not use life or mana potions. Initially only in dungeons but to prevent porting to town to drink, one can't have it there either. Perhaps have Pepin heal and Adria fill mana. An alternative considered was to allow rejuvenation potions, but Adria sells even full ones. Shrines as a source of potions/healing was discussed.

Close combat would rejuvenate him. Basically he would have built in mana and life stealing. Initial idea was 2% of each, but I recall people discussing using Helm of Sprits and no life potions (has 5% life stealing) and that was not enough, especially for spell caser levels, for example lots of succubi. So, perhaps 4% each manafe. In addition, a critical hit could heal him. Either fully, or simply applying the a rejuvenation potion to him when he scores a critical hit.

Spell casting would use half mana, half life as cost!

Relative weak with armor. Definately faster than sorcerer with weapons, but not as much as a warrior.

I had the following sugestions at one time:

Starting and max stats
> Str: 15 45
> Mag: 30 160
> Dex: 15 95
> Vit: 25 160

Possible problem, is 45 Str enough for needed armor in hell/hell for example?

> For life and mana use the 2* multiplier on starting stats, thus:
>
> life: (25+10)*2=70
> mana: 30*2=60
>
> For level up:
>
> 2 mana + 1 life (just like sorcerers)
>
> For added vit and magic:
>
> From stats: 2 life/vit and 2 mana/mag
> From items: 2 life/vit and 1 mana/mag

A level 50 char would have (naked):

> life: 389
> mana: 418

> Character damage bonus:
>
> LIFE*clvl/200

Yes, Life, not str or dex, certainly a difference, but then, he draw his strength from his "blood" :)

> Speaking of weapon speeds. Here are some sugestion for animations:
>
> axe: 14 frames
> sword/club: 11 frames
> bow: 14 frames
> staff: 10 frames
> shield: 10 frames
> bare hands: 10 frames
> spell: 10 frames

> Hit recovery time should be 7 frames and blocking time 5 frames.

Can't recall my thoughts here. But obviously he would need speed/haste weapons, but that means less extra mana and life stealing!

The Blood spells:

> After all, he is a wizard of BLOOD, so blod star should do double
> damage in my opinion :)
Seems reasonable here too.

> Similary, Bone Spirit should remove 1/2 life, not 1/3. Many monsters
> are immune to magic anyway. Also remove the extra life penalty to
> cast those two spells for him.

Also, later I think a much faster Blood Star was discussed. Along the line of arrow speed! I could see it as his two main spells the ones above really.

Perhaps there was some more. No appropriate skill was found. I considered infravision but I think that was too powerfully.

Well, needless to say, it never came much further than the above. Still, would have been interesting I think. Sort of a built in variant :)

I will post proposed changes for the Rogue that I think would have made it to the 1.01 patch had I sent them a few days earlier.

There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Messages In This Thread
Looking for Hellfire programmers - by Jarulf - 04-12-2005, 08:27 AM
Looking for Hellfire programmers - by Attika - 04-15-2005, 03:51 AM
Looking for Hellfire programmers - by Yogi_Baar - 04-15-2005, 07:04 AM
Looking for Hellfire programmers - by Jarulf - 04-15-2005, 12:52 PM
Looking for Hellfire programmers - by Selby - 04-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Looking for Hellfire programmers - by Jarulf - 04-18-2005, 06:57 AM
Looking for Hellfire programmers - by Jarulf - 04-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Looking for Hellfire programmers - by Jarulf - 04-29-2005, 03:19 PM