...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :(
MongoJerry,Apr 6 2005, 02:19 AM Wrote:And I don't know what you're talking about with server stability.  Other than a few hiccups after a couple of maintenance patches, Tichondrius has been quite stable.  I rarely have problems with server stability.
[right][snapback]73134[/snapback][/right]
And how much time are you spending in instances? Or even just avoiding the Eastern Kingdoms? That instability and weird little hiccups here and there drove me off. I absolutely loved playing my warlock with GG's mage over there until the stability really went into the toilet. It may be fixed now (and I hope it is) since Stormrage isn't tanking all the time now.

And PvP servers really are quite fun. I've never been ganked, had far less griefing on the PvP server than on the PvE servers and it sure is nice to be able to kill those buggers wandering in my territory. It always bugged me that I couldn't attack anyone in the starting areas on the PvE servers when they'd inevitably come in to try to just wipe out all quest giving NPCs. PvE, I have to wait until they attack. PvP, they're mine when I see 'em! At level 12, my priest managed to get in on the kill of a level 42 orc rogue (this is on Firetree rather than Tichondrius obviously). I was the only one who managed to get a DoT on him so he couldn't vanish. The killing of quest NPCs isn't quite as prevalent on the PvP servers, frequently because you do have a large amount of people who are willing to help defend. That level 42 rogue was killed not by higher level people, but by a swarm of level 10-16 characters and one NPC guard. It was great fun actually being able to help defend instead of being the only one trying and ending up dead because of it.

I am glad I started out on a PvE server when I first got the game so I could learn more about all the skills and such, but (when the server is stable) PvP servers really are quite fun. And I am not normally a PvPer in multiplayer games. I'm more of a coop gal. :)
Intolerant monkey.

Messages In This Thread
...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :( - by Treesh - 04-06-2005, 12:12 PM
...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :( - by savaughn - 04-06-2005, 11:43 PM