...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :(
MongoJerry,Apr 6 2005, 04:19 AM Wrote:You also miss out on the fantastic comraderie that comes from joining together with perfect strangers to beat off members of the opposing faction from your territory. ("Your territory" is defined here as any place where you are at).  There's this whole other aspect of the game that so many Lurkers are missing out on.  There are all these little skills that players have that PvE'ers ask, "Why is that there?  That's worthless!"  Then, you play on a PvP server, and you're like, "Oh!  *That's* why that skill is there."  No, PvP isn't for everyone, but I wager that it's for more Lurkers than have tried it.  It isn't the gankfest that you D2-oldtimers think.  It's actually quite fun, if you're in the right mindset, and it adds spice to the usual questing grind.
[right][snapback]73134[/snapback][/right]

You can also get the same comraderie on the PvE server though - just last night I was picking up the cookbook in Astranaar when the local defense channel advertized that the greenpaw village was under attack. Checking the map I noticed that it was just north of my own position. I wandered up and saw a horde group, flagged for PvP on top of a knoll. It appeared at first glance to be a level 32 shaman and a level 34 hunter with pet. I was a level 35 warrior and wondering just how lucky I would have to be to pull off killing them when I noticed that there were two more members on the other side of the mound. One was a level 34 hunter and a level ?? undead mage. Crap. I was contemplating a suicidal charge when I received a group invite. Looking around I see a level 33 priestess, a level 32 hunter and a level 45 warlock. This was more like it. We shaped up and formed a battle plan. A moment later the charge of the light brigade was under way. Within seconds the mage was dead, our priestess was wiped, and I had turned on the Shaman. A furious battle ensued between the hunters and our hunter and warlock while I ran all over after the Shaman. A switch of stance (thank you tactical mastery) and a shield bash later and the Shaman had also fallen to Shalandrax's blades (yes I pvp'd with dual wield :P). This continued for about 15 minutes with one side or the other prevailing until either the server crashed or I did. :D

T'was much fun after my earlier disapointment of hunting a level 60 rogue in the Ironforge Tram who had been sapping the NPCs on Sharanna. I really wanted that rogue to come out and play. :(

Messages In This Thread
...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :( - by Tal - 04-06-2005, 01:26 PM
...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :( - by savaughn - 04-06-2005, 11:43 PM