Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
I knew this would be one justification. The, "he does bad things too", argument. You really don't see a difference between the Castro regime with sanctioned firing squads, and the US government at any point in its history? I'm trying to think of the worst thing that a US president did to his own people, even during the Civil War, or the Revolution. The POW camps were pretty awful for both sides. I can't really find an episode that is comparable.

Let's say there was sometime when the US government rounded up all the political opposition and had them killed. I guess the closest example I can think of would be the treatment of the indigenous populations. As I tell my children, "two wrongs do not make it right". Can I not resist the tyranny in my own government, and that of Castro at the same time? I don't really need to dilute my morality and declare everyone square. For example, we've had like eight or nine different Presidents during the Castro regime. Were they all morally bankrupt? What specific incidents come to your mind perpetrated by the USA that are comparable to murdering political prisoners?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by kandrathe - 05-04-2009, 12:48 AM