Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote:Again, nothing. But nobody is proposing hugs and kisses for Cuba.
I'm not really for normalizing relations, or letting up on the embargo either. It's bad enough that Castro siphons off 10% of the funds that Cubans in the US send to help their families. I'd end that too, except it would most hurt the wrong people. Most people don't realize that the US backed Fidel in overthrowing Batista, and only after the revolution did we realize the mistake. So, we turned around 20 years later and did the same darn thing with Saddam in Iraq. I don't have a problem with extending the embargo to the other thugs in the world either.

With all these arrogant 3rd world thug bosses, it's that toss up between playing the diplomacy game while waiting for them to wither and die or driving them into the arms of our enemies. It appears that Obama will perhaps do the former, and may even go for the hugs and kisses. I just hope the thugs of the world don't mistake the Obama administrations prostrations as American weakness, because that is what will get us into the next war. At least Reagan had that lovable way of conveying strength, kind of like the threat from your old grandpa. The last Bush administration was more sinister with the whole "you are either with us or you are against us...".

”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by kandrathe - 05-04-2009, 07:17 AM