Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote:Is it perhaps telling that in none of these countries have your relations improved in at least three decades, nor has hostility produced any substantial progress in furthering your principles, ever?
The DMZ is a metaphor for the intransigence of both sides. Why do liberals around the world always devote themselves to telling the US to blink first? Where is your righteous anger for Kim Jong Il, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, or the Castro brothers? Why not organize your protests and marches all over the world to call on these thugs to join the ranks of friendly nations? No, you want us to step up, swallow hard, set aside our principles and bend over. I don't think we have to, and I don't think we want to, and I'm not sure what good purpose it would serve other than showing other thugs that we will set aside our principles. Maybe next time we'll do it after 50 months, or 50 days instead of 50 years. You know, I view myself to be a pretty tolerant person, but I'm only tolerant to a point. If they act like a horses ass, then I feel we have the right to not have anything to do with them. They are free to choose a different course, but from what I see, they are still being the horses ass.
Quote:From your link:
I like HRW, however, they too buy into the post modern concept that we can win by lowering our standards. That is not a win in my way of thinking, it is double speak for capitulating.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by kandrathe - 05-05-2009, 08:50 PM