Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote:I'm not sure I'm following the argument. The North Korean government is threatening to destroy themselves, thereby spitefully destabilizing the region at the low cost of the one thing they have in the entire world?

They threaten and bluster because they have nothing to lose, not because they're actually willing to do anything about it.

-Jester

No, they're blackmailing us and everyone in the region because they know we won't do anything about it. Because the repercussions of us taking out the control structure of the country is one hundred times worse than placating a maniacal despot.

Of course it doesn't make sense to you, because North Korea isn't playing by the rules you operate under. Maybe you missed the link i posted earlier. North Korea is more than willing to do what we deam "socially horrific". Much like a man that walks into a bank with a bomb strapped to his chest and demands cash or he will blow up everyone and everything in the building. Only in North Korea's case they aren't bluffing. And you can be sure that if they go down, they will take everything and anything they can with them.

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by Chesspiece_face - 05-07-2009, 11:19 PM