Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote:I wonder though, if you would still trivialize the matter if one of your own children were subjected. Got a daughter? Imagine her nude, blindfolded and shackled, being thrown against a brick wall by men totally in control of her, as often as they like... Imagine yourself, completely powerless about the situation, and not knowing where she is, what else she has to endure, or even if you are ever going to see her again, dead or alive... Get the picture now?

Hmm... Imagine that one of YOUR own children is being "blindfolded and shackled, being thrown against a brick wall by men totally in control of her, as often as they like... Imagine yourself, completely powerless about the situation, and not knowing where she is, what else she has to endure, or even if you are ever going to see her again, dead or alive... " Would you waterboard the person who had information as to where she was, or would you let her die, to preserve the precious life of the scumbag who knows where she is?

For me, waterboarding would just be the start, if it did not yield pertinent info. For you, I guess you would ask them firmly and nicely... and then just accept the situation.

Get the picture now?

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by Ashock - 05-19-2009, 07:26 PM