Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
hi,

Quote:This has it completely and utterly backward.
No, because it is not an either or thing. What you say below is true. What I said above is also true. You've fallen into the trap of thinking that only the extremes exist.

Quote:Too many of the people who appear to support torture seem to think that a secret CIA jail is like an uncomfortable four star hotel, and that a 7 year incarceration in Guantanamo bay, without recourse, is no worse than a week at a slightly seedy Cuban branch of Club Med.
OK. One more time. I DO NOT SUPPORT TORTURE. I have been against what was done by the Shrub administration since those scumbags took office. Not everybody falls into the extremes. Some of us actually think and take a more moderate view. My view is not pro-torture, but it is pro-punishment. And therein lies the rub for those who have the wit to understand. Where does punishment end, where does torture begin? I am not condoning, I am not defending what was done at Gitmo and elsewhere. I am questioning the propagandizing bastards who are using that situation to continue their demands that terrorists, murderers, rapists, and CEOs be treated not as the crap they are but as misbehaving tots.

Quote:Anyone who thinks that the treatment of the "high-value" Al Qaeda detainees by the CIA does not meet this definition, down to the "under color of law," . . .
Don't post this crap in rebuttal to me, given that I never said that in the first place, that I disagree with it, and have throughout. Quit ascribing to me feelings that I don't have, support I do not give, and opinions I do not hold.

Quote:Fortunately, none of them were family members of the posters on this board, so it's a-ok.
Up yours.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by --Pete - 05-23-2009, 01:51 AM