Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote:Hi,
OK, but consider the logic. Kandrathe claims that there are *some* people who can withstand torture. No number of examples of someone who cannot withstand torture (unless it is the whole population) is proof that he is wrong. One case that can withstand torture would be proof that he is right. Simple logic, and the difference between "for all" and "there exists".

However, I'll admit that I know of no such examples outside of literature and movies. :whistling:

--Pete

Right, and as the person who made the claim that someone could resist the torture it is on him to prove his case. Saying "i think it's possible" is equally as vaccuous and meaningless unless he is willing to step up and try to prove his hypothesis. As it stands every reported case that has tried to prove what he states has shown the opposite. Anecdote or not, enough of them added together effect the probability of finding an alternate proof.

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by Chesspiece_face - 05-25-2009, 01:34 AM