Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote:I don't come here to start flame wars. It should be obvious from the subjects that I respond to that there is no hidden agenda, and that I'm really in it for the subject matter itself. Sure, these things happen to be 'hot' topics, but I didn't start any of those threads.
There are ways to discuss things which are oppositional and argumentative, but not trolling. The big question is: did my contribution maintain or elevate the discussion, or did it reduce it? Insults, exaggerations, strawmen, "me too" posts, and so forth, devolve threads into worthlessness. Making those kind of posts will often get you accused of trolling. It might not be your intention, but the effect is similar: generating heat, not light.

Read carefully before posting, don't put words in someone's mouth, and avoid making an argument personal. Do those things, and you'll avoid most of the flak you've gotten so far in this thread.

-Jester

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by Jester - 05-26-2009, 03:46 PM