Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote:Yes, that undoubtly helped. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to help for those in American custody.
We don't view terrorists as bargaining chips, which is actually what arresting Roxana Sabari was about.
Quote:No, I had not. Why do you ask? I don't see a connection between a book on Khomeini's reign and the current situation. Roxana Saberi isn't executed. Besides, I'm not sure we should take *everything* that some bittered and homesick man in exile wrote for granted, when Khomeini's funeral was visited by 2 million people.
Yet, you will believe the complaints of terrorists. Stalin's funeral on Red Square was attended by upwards of 4 million people. And... your point about personality cults was? Do you think that "popular" tyrants do not murder or torture people?
Quote:Is there a US or international law against traveling in Asia with lots of cash? Apparently not, because he was released without charge.
Yes, actually. I think the limit is $10,000. The allegations against him were that he was transporting the money to aid a terrorist organization, which also is against the law.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by kandrathe - 05-29-2009, 03:15 PM