Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote:Does that answer your foolish question?

Occhi

Well probably you think it does. You continue to look at things from one side. This whole rant about international vs US law, if we look at the Iraq invasion...it seems very clear that UN law was doing fine. Of course you will start telling me how bad a person Saddam was (because I don't know that yet :blink:). It seems that you, Pete and Kandrathe often get angry just because your discussion oponent (Zenda) is a non-US citizen.

At the same time I saw in Pete's last few post several things I am saying always in these kind of discussion (and we had many the last few years). Apparantly it is more true if you come up with it yourself compared to when your opponent writes it. A pity however that you and Pete always find it necesarry to start swearing and saying that people are trolls (or was that a joke Pete).

Zenda's remark about the Israeli team that went on to hunt down was a perfectly valid one. I must say, I agree with what they were doing, but I also realise that I wouldn't be so happy if there was e.g. a hamas team going around hunting down Israeli soldiers that bomb libanon or the gaza strip for example.
We should in a discussion about using secret assasination squads not think about the reason why the squads are used, and the country/regime they come from, but just about if it is a valid option.

I think it is a valid option, especially when done correctly (and not by just assisinating random people and later claiming they were terrorist for example). That said I would rather have Iran setting up a assisination squad to kill some of the responsible for these torture instead of using terrorism to kill innocent people. And just to be clear about it (because it seems that I have to tell this every time) I am on the US side in this conflict.

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by eppie - 05-31-2009, 09:37 AM