Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote: It seems that you, Pete and Kandrathe often get angry just because your discussion oponent (Zenda) is a non-US citizen.
Nope. It's more the propensity for him to say, "You said A, so that must mean that you support B, so I'll argue against B." In this case, Pete said Assassination teams are illegal and immoral but effective -- which Zenda then replied, so what you are saying is that should Obama fail to prosecute the torturers in Gitmo, then it would be justified for assassination teams to go after them.

That topic had strayed into "How do you stop terrorism?", because it is obvious that the way the US stopped torture was to elect a new administration. The topic was not "How to we get revenge for being tortured?", or even "How do the tortured get justice?"

Pete was kind of going down the Colonel Kurtz (Apocalypse Now), where in order to win you need to be willing to step over that legal and moral line to bring your enemy the horror necessary to entirely demoralize them. Another movie inspired strategy (Wargames) is that the only way to win, is to refuse to play the game. But, I think in this case Joshua is a MF who won't stop playing the game even though he cannot win.

My theory is based upon "Snakes on a Plane". Will we land in L.A. alive?

”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by kandrathe - 05-31-2009, 10:53 AM