Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote:Funny, I would have expected that having the biggest military spending, the biggest fleet, the largest army, and the availability of even nuclear weapons would help to win wars. I thought that crossing legal and moral lines are things that (civilized) nations would only do as a last resort, like when faced by extinction by a superior enemy, for example.
Then, you don't understand terrorism. It is a method for an unstructured, minority of fanatics to hold even a super powers attention. Actually, the IRA is probably the best example of how to do it correctly. The history of middle eastern terror has been less coordinated and less sustained. All the might of the US military won't help figure out what dank cave in Pakistan OBL is hiding in, or who are his accomplices. Without that knowledge all the armies, navies, air power and nuclear weapons would only succeed in turning 150 million Muslims of the world into enemies. And, if you do have that knowledge, you really only need a appropriately sized commando squad anyway.
Quote:Btw, who is Joshua and what is a MF?
He wants to play the game, and Samuel L. Jackson is a big, bad, cool MF, who frequently says things like, "I want these MF snakes off the MF plane!." I kind of view the movie as an allegory, where Mr. Jackson is the USA, the passengers are the other nations of the world, and the snakes are the various terrorists and bad guys.

And... I hope you know that my tongue was firmly implanted in my cheek. :lol:
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by kandrathe - 05-31-2009, 03:54 PM