Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote:So you think there is this guy that as some kind of hobby writes long posts just to piss you off and get reactions? If you think that you should not reply him (or me) in the first place.
There are trolls who create posts which are inflammatory, then there are trolls who respond to messages trying to steer the topic into inflammatory directions.
Quote:I have read the strawman remarks, read back and you'll see I even replied on those posts. I think the strawman definition can be use for sure for you three. But as I said, people tend to look at things from their own side and don't realize being a strawman themselves.
Just to what Pete said about Strawman... If you instead meant that we were "trolling", then you are mistaken. Speaking for myself, when I decide to post something I always attempt to pose it as a commentary on something socially relevant. The difficult part is to choose topics that are interesting, yet not hot button. For example, while Susan Boyle's second place finish on BGT is not a hot button issue, it also is a very boring topic. The recent slaying of an abortion doctor while in a church in Wichita is socially relevant, but too hot button. Something worthy of discussion from the news today might be North Korea positioning (theoretically nuclear tipped) missiles to attack Alaska.
Quote:We all get back here for discussions so it might just be better to stop calling people trolls (or worse, Occhi) now and then.
People here are policed by the community, so if Zenda wants to play in the sandbox he should get used to being poked by the participants once in a while (or having the occasional shovel tossed at him).

The quality of the discussion can be enhanced as people learn how to disagree in an agreeable fashion. Mostly what I find frustrating about the "Strawman" argument is that if you respond to it you must redirect the discussion back on topic. Here is an example from this topic which was a blatant "troll"; <blockquote>"Nevermind me, though, for questioning your right to murder, torture or imprison anyone in the world who you claim would possibly do those same things, given enough time and/or resources :whistling:"</blockquote>There is no basis in me ever making that claim, so this is a troll, which I ignored.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by kandrathe - 06-01-2009, 02:17 PM