Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote:Hot button? Why would a murder like this be controversial? The victim's work might have been, and some of the reactions given to this tragic event, but not his death.
In the interest of harmony, it is best to avoid some topics altogether (abortion, same sex marriage, cheating in games, etc.)
Quote:Tongue in cheek? If not, I wonder why we need interrogation techniques at all when things like this can be found in the news;)
There are external problems and there are internal problems. Dropping a couple skyscrapers in the heart of one of the worlds major financial sectors is pretty disrupting, and also calls for some level of homeland defense.

There was another story that caught my eye relating to 8 or so male military police who are in trouble for covertly snapping photographs of their female counterparts in the shower. What struck me was (in thinking of Abu Garib or Gitmo) they victimized their colleagues and not "slime ball terrorists". These are military police, not straight from boot camp wet behind the ears recruits. If a bunch of "so called" professional military policemen will do such a thing to their colleagues, what would they do to "outsiders", or to "enemies"? Human nature is pretty consistent, so when it comes to establishing one group of people over another group of people, I believe that only when the highest scrutiny by their superiors is applied will victimization not occur. In fact, I've also heard that during the Iraq War part I and the Iraq War part II the incidence of rape was a big problem in the forces. I don't want to portray US soldiers in a negative light, since 99.9% of them are straight up heroes, but there are always bad apples who need to get some discipline or some prison depending on their violation.
Quote:One day perhaps, you may realize how many truths were in that remark.
Tell me when you finish writing your compilation of Zenda Koans. Until then I will need to rely on my own wisdom.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by kandrathe - 06-01-2009, 10:09 PM