Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote:Those exact same questions were asked (and more or less answered) in comments to the piece. I certainly agree with you though, that a professor 'teaching' future military personnel like this is almost too absurd to be true. Then again, it could explain the presence of so many 'bad apples';)
Not all were asked there, but good questions with fluffy answers. Googling that item, I noticed that the alleged lecture was posted to no less than 40 liberal blog sites. Feed the rant.
Quote:From what I heard, the things that happen in US federal prisons are not things to be proud of, yes, but that's another discussion. You can't put someone in a US prison without a trial, and trials are hard to win when the suspect is already tortured. As a result, some subjects are transferred to places that are even worse then US federal prisons.
It is routine in the US to put some illegal aliens into federal prisons pending deportation proceedings. In many cases (47%) they actually never had a trial, but only an administrative hearing where the reasons for deportation are presented. (source)
Quote:It isn't often that I can stand up for my country, but ...
It's probably a good thing. It would certainly reduce the credibility of the International Criminal Court if the Netherlands was also engaged in war crimes. The US, for the past 50 years has had to do quite a bit of heavy lifting for our friends in Europe and Asia. It is an enviable position to sit back under the umbrella of protection we've provided and offer little back but harsh criticism. Perhaps now with the EU, you guys are ready to make a go of defending yourself against the little despots that remain, and maybe the US is ready to turn over the work. I wouldn't mind at all having the US focused more on the domestic economic front, and homeland security. Islamic extremism is more a problem for Europe, than the US anyway.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by kandrathe - 06-02-2009, 02:55 PM