Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote:Wouldn't you need some kind of assumption about the numbers that are innocent vs. guilty to make that kind of question sensical?
That would need to also be a factor, yes. However, if you knew with certainty that a person was innocent, then why would they continue to be incarcerated. The studies I've seen suggest that the "innocent" who are locked up are the most compliant prisoners (already being "different" from the guilty prisoners). My presumption would be that innocent people would be less inclined to suicide attempts, although they would probably feel most justified in trying to escape. Also, I would expect the suicide rates in all prisons to be higher than the general population as people who commit crimes suffer already from a level of anti-social isolation. Suicide as an option would also vary great by person depending on their individual mental conditions.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by kandrathe - 06-03-2009, 04:16 PM