"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
[ Wrote:Angel,May 22 2004, 10:40 PM]I think most people see him as an agitator (like Jesus) but without the wisdom ;) I like his films. They're entertaining and show me why fundamentalist people are screwed in the head, no matter what they're zealous about.
Michael Moore's films and books are always both documentary and (political) satire, and because satire is personal and subjective, I always take his (and anyone else's) satirical works with "a grain of salt". Nevertheless, Michael Moore is actually able to move something, and I like that. I could see some bits of "Fahrenheit 9/11", and - albeit the theme is serious - they were well done pieces of film (speaking of documentary/satire film-making as art and craft here). Many other films of that category appear rather pale and dull compared to his films. His "The Big One (Downsize This)" and "Bowling for Columbine" were already good films, but I guess "Fahrenheit 9/11" will top them by a wide margin, not only commercially ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by nobbie - 05-23-2004, 11:10 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM