"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Meaning??? Guns are good and Moore is a liar??

Are you using threaded view? If so, the meaning is pretty clear. One of our fellow lurkers had some misconceptions about the NRA, apparently gained as a result of watching a misleading portion of this "documentary", and Kandrathe was nice enough to provide a link with some relevant facts about the issue.

As for guns being good and Moore being a liar, that sums up my opinions on the matter pretty well! :P

Come on... you know the laws in the US. If Moore was telling lies in his movies, or shows things that hurt people in an unjust way, he would allready be serving a life sentence.

Perhaps you know very little about U.S. laws. You do seem to have some deep resentment towards our country though, and I'm not quite sure where it's all coming from.

He "nices up" things a bit but he, it is a movie, and people must enjoy to watch it.

I seem to recall someone here at LL starting a thread a few months back about propaganda in the U.S. media and how disconcerting it was. I don't recall if that was you or someone else. Well anyways, this is what Moore is. He is a U.S. media propaganda machine. For the most part he is not a big deal, because most Americans recognize him as being on the fringe left wing of American politics and take everything he writes with a grain of salt. But it is clear that he has passed misleading materials as facts to prove his points, and plenty of people have bought into it. One cannot just pass this off as pure entertainment. It's no coincidence that his new movie is popping up during the summer of a presidential election year. He is trying to make a serious political impact here. And that's fine with me, as long as he isn't providing false or misleading information...

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Nystul - 05-26-2004, 09:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM