"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Opinion polls are one of the ways information gets to the government, and from this I say world opinion, and especially the feelings of people in the countries effected by the program of the moment, should be part of how the government decides whatto do. About how you can't please all of the people all the time, sure, but you shouldn't just go do something that pisses off a ton of people. This wasn't so much about now as stuff the U.S. has done in the past, that should be avoided now that we know about it. U.S. foreign policy right now is better than it was awhile ago, but should still be planned out more carefully for the long term and for how the rest of the world thinks. Other country's support is also in U.S. interests. Your last sentence is sort of what I'm thinking.

A small group of people may have hijacked the plane, but if those people hadn't had millions of supporters they might not have, and those people who did it might not have joined up. If they don't think the effort needed is worth it, they wouldn't have done it.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Minionman - 08-05-2004, 12:03 PM