"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Minionman,Aug 5 2004, 01:08 PM Wrote:On a side note about chemistry, chemical burns are overrated.  I've spilled some 6 molar strong bases and acids on myself a lot of times and nothing happens, maybe a thin layer of skin peels a little but that barely happens and it's less than what sunburn does.  I still wouldn't try to spills stuff, and I'd watch out for cuts and eyes and swallowing is still out, but random spills are no big deal. 

Back to topic.  Chemicals like sulfur and clorine don't necessarily mean anything, but the organic ones if they found them at the same time seem to give it away.
Off Topic:

My chemistry class in High School used some 14 molar hydrochloric acid in a few experiments. It etched our stone countertops in seconds.

Also, my chem teacher has a picture of her arm after spilling a small amount of 50% peroxide solution. Her skin had blistered and begun to peel in large sheets.

Watch out for chemical burns from powdered acid. The moisture on your skin is enough to force a reaction. Do not flush with water. It makes it worse (check your MSDS for first aid of course).
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by jahcs - 08-05-2004, 10:26 PM