Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10
Quote:I made a small mod to TownWest.ds1 have Cain wander back and forth by the WP, sort of like he does on the realms. He start the game over by Qual-Kehk but then heads over toward the stash. I can send you the file if you like.
Thanks for the offer, but the still-standing Cain in the MOD, IMO, is actually better than the Cain on the realms because you can reach him even faster for identifying your new-found stuff :) In Battle.net, I sometimes actually had problems to find him quickly when he was on his way behind the wall.

Quote:BTW, about immunities, Iron Maiden, etc. I like the idea that for any given character/build there should be some monster who is his bane. It goes back to Norse mythology - each god has his bane. One of the nice points in Moorcock's eternal champion cycle was that even Elric, though armed with Stormbringer, met a demon he wouldn't dare attack because it had a "ward pact against swords". I think the occasional boss with a thorns aura against misslies or spells would be great. Heimdall is a fierce warrior, but powerless against the fire giants. I believe that being able to mindlessly play through with any one trick pony devalues the game.
Spellcasters are already limited by the "Blood Mana" curse (Succubi, Baal), provided their Mana level is higher than their Life level. "Thorns" against missiles (Amazons) would be a tad too powerful, I think. Something like "Slow Missiles" for certain monsters like Oblivion Knights, on the other hand, might be a nice addition to slow down Amazons.

Quote:Perhaps this should be a new thread, but what other differences do we know of between the realms and SP? There are, of course, the four runewords - Duress, Prudence, Splendor and Wind - and the other 23 unknown ones. What else?
Item drops (items, runes, gems etc.) on the realms are for sure different and subject to constant changes, especially in the Ladder. By the way, I noticed a significant increase in gem drops on the new Ladder while the drops for rather common runes like AMN or SOL are significantly lower (at least on Europe), which leads me to believe that there is a new guy messing with the drop rate tables (TreasureClassEx.txt). In this case, he obviously just increased the gem drop rate without consideration of the significant effect such a change has on the rune drops. Increasing gem drops and rune drops would be correct if you want to maintain the drop rate for runes ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by davidj8580 - 08-21-2014, 08:02 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by HoBoS - 04-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Chaos Itself - 05-18-2004, 11:49 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by ForeStorm - 07-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by CasmirRadon - 07-28-2004, 12:31 AM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by nobbie - 08-20-2004, 12:54 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Starstasis - 02-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Loki076 - 02-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Lolepops - 06-27-2007, 02:21 PM