Hacklisted
I'll start this off by pointing out that neither myself or any of my friends hack D2.. cheating is boring imo, i wouldnt usually cheat even on a single-player game as it makes it a bit on the pointless side (unless its an amusing cheat)

anyways, that aside

whats the deal with getting hacklisted?? its happened a couple of times to me, usually while im impatiently clicking on someone while "waiting a while before trading with a player" or hammering my left mouse button on an item i want someone to pay attention to in the trade window. i get kicked from bnet, realm down for about 15 mins, then when i go back in i can only join either passworded games or other hacklisted created games..

with there being me and about 4 of my mates playing this game it is getting annoying as one time or another one of us is hacklisted and we cant just join public games together and have a laugh, we have to have passworded games which get a bit boring when u just wanna play..

is there any way of getting hacklisting removed or prove to bnet that u arent cheating so as we can get back onto normal games slightly quicker.. my mate has been hacklisted for about a week now and he's starting to get sick of the game having to play without us on hell cow levels

just curious anyways.. cant really seem to find anything anywhere about hacklisting other than searching on google which just turns up a load of results offering for me to download the hacks as opposed to the info im looking for...

imo, if bnet keep going on like this its gonna either a) put people off playing multiplayer or B) engourage legitimate players to hack as theyre being punished anyway

anyway, im not sure if this is a rant or a query.. either way it feels good to get it out of my system..heheh :D
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
Quote:hammering my left mouse button on an item i want someone to pay attention to in the trade window

This is used mainly not for calling someone's attention, but to fool the other trader by a fast item switch as soon as he checks the trade button.

I haven't heard about the first case, but wouldn't surprise me if there's a hack involved.

Then, you were unlucky enough to use a couple of known cheat/hack procedures.

Now, if there is an easy way to be removed from the hacklist, cheaters/hackers will surely use it. I believe there's no such easy way.
[Image: 37671-NicatorSig0326.jpg]

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Nicator,Oct 28 2003, 03:56 PM Wrote:This is used mainly not for calling someone's attention, but to fool the other trader by a fast item switch as soon as he checks the trade button.
aaah, now that makes a bit more sense... at least that clears that part up... ive been worried about that if i was speed-buying potions would i get hacklisted for clicking fast.. clearly now.. well, thats one thing i can understand and avoid.. thanks for that :D

incidentally, is there a set time for hacklisting to last?
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe