HollOween
HEY lurkers whats your plans for holloween what are you dressing up as if your dressing up at all
I have a big party every year and it takes me two days to decorate :) No electric lighting allowed! As for my costume, I've been Peter Pan for three years running, and since I'm broke and time-starved, I'll probably be Peter Pan again this year :) Or Robin Hood; depends on whether or not I wield a bow or dagger. Any excuse to prance around in tights. (My girlfriend loves me dearly ;) )
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Raise a few dead. Animate some gargoyles. Break open the High Gate of the Dark Eternals with the ancient bronze sword I unearthed from the ruins of a desecrated tomb lying with the shadows of the Carpathian mountains long believed to hold haven for vampyre and lycanthrope alike.

You know, typical Friday night stuff...
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
"Minister of Death".

Or, at least, that's what the costume label claimed it to be. I think it looks a tad "dark priest" for that. In either case, the robe is decorative, easy to add to and easy to adapt to (especially considering how cold Halloween can be in Canada, it's nice to layer a few heavier clothes underneath it).

It should be quite the foil to my daughter's plush-winged-unicorn-with-rainbow-mane-and-tail outfit. Ah... to be four again.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
We've got an evil clown-based haunted house going. It's fairly big, about 100 volunteer staff, lasts about one and a half hours.

I'm Bill Dunstan, cursed carny and guide for the back half of the event. I ran the Tilt-A-Whirl machine, before the clowns got to it.

Evil clowns. They're just funny that way. :D
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Well I don't have halloween but I do have Purim which is basically the same as Halloween only it's later this year.

I'll dress up with a shirt inserted from the collar and tightened down and tight short pants, of course no legs will be shaved which is bound to make half of my class to puke, oh the life!
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
im gona be 1337 krew from counter-strike lol =][ and tho im 17 im gona go trick or treating a good habbit dies very hard
I am going to be an escaped mental patient... with an afro! (actually, a hifro...)

I have the huge afro, the Hannible Lector style mask, and I am going to get some sort of strait jacket...
You posted a link once before to photographs of one of your projects.....

Any chance for this time?
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

I will do my usual - dress up in the witch's costume, including nasty-looking full face mask, and shell out to the little trick-or-treaters that show up at my doorstep.

I just love the look on the little ones' faces when they trot up and see me ! The best reaction I got was last year, when a little girl (probably about the age of Nico's daughter) asked in a very shaky little voice - "Is that your real face?" :D

As Hallowe'en falls on a Friday this year, my husband has claimed the fun of accompanying the two younger sons on their trick-or-treat tour. He usually misses it due to odd working hours.

And the two older sons have plans to lurk in the front yard in werewolf costumes, hoping to add to the scares ! :ph34r:
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

That is EXACTLY what I was planning on doing! How crazy is that? I mean really, how many people raise the dead, animate gargoyles, and break open the High Gate of the Dark Eternals with the ancient bronze sword that we unearthed from the ruins of a desecrated tomb lying within the shadows of the Carpatian mountains! Crazy...
WWBBD?
My gargoyles could beat up your gargoyles any day (actually, not during the day, of course) and crap them out as charcoal briquets the following evening (Where else did you think charcoal comes from? Trees?). ;)
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Lier! Mine would so win in a fight! You know what?! You're right, mine are wimps, I'll just stop now before I get myself hurt. :(
WWBBD?
You two may have your gargoyles, but I shall soon control a clan of vampires that could wipe the walls with them. Nobody except an enraged werewolf can take down a strong vampire.
<span style="color:red">Now lounging in the Amazon Basin.
I'm once again commandeering my two neighbor's yards to make one graveyard. I spent the last weekend making a faux wrought iron fence out of ferrier strips and pvc pipe. The tops of the pipes have skull heads, jack o 'lanterns, witch's heads and ghosts. The End caps have bigger jack o' lanterns on them. Next year my brother will help me run electricity to the end caps so that they can light up. :) The entire graveyard will be crisscrossed with spider webs including one poor grave keeper who fell victim to the giant spider "Boris" and is trussed up in a tree. Circling the entire scene will be a bat and Boris' son make a visit (a rubber spider attached to the a remote control car with the body of the car removed).

I'm also putting out three coffins and approximately 45 tombstones. There will be a mannequin dressed up as a grave digger and since my parking spot is directly across from the graveyard there will be a "mechanic" whose had the misfortune of the hood coming down on the car as he worked on the engine. ;)

The entire scene will be covered by three fog machines and a fog cauldron, the houses are lined with "Witch-cicles" and other lights. The Grim Reaper looks on from the front porch with sadistic glee.

My wife is going as a spider goddess, I will be a vampire, my neighbor is carving a foam pumkin to use as a mask and my other neighbor's wife will be the decaying vampiress "Ava". My daughter, who is almost the same age as Nico's is going to be Wonder Woman. :blink: Oh well so much for the "theme" ;)
Pics from the current low-budget project:

Haunted Trails Pictures

Pics from the old high-budget project:

Britannia Manor
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Easy, recognizable, and fun.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
the Langolier,Oct 28 2003, 03:18 AM Wrote:Easy, recognizable, and fun.
eh... who's Quail Man?
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Hell Night. BAD night where I live. A bunch of spooks in white robes and pointy hoods running around in pickup trucks, doing bad things to good people, burning, and raising hell. There'll be a lot of dead pets come morning, a lot of folk in intensive care, and a lot of families asking why. There will be the charred remains of burnt crosses in many people's front yards. And there wont be any police to be seen, as most of them will be wearing hoods and sitting in said pickup truck, while the others hide and cower wherever it is they go.

I'll be holed up in my home with a pump shotgun, a 10mm Uzi, a .357 Mag pistol, and a tear gas launcher. Same thing I do every year. My hedges are tall and very thorny at my new place. I don't expect much of a problem. Front gate has razorwire decorations. No touchy touchy.

I'll stay up all night, and watch the sunrise come morning, and, hopefully, sit back and give thanks that I have been passed over.

On the odd chance that the folks in white hoods do come trick or treating, well, you will most likely read about it in the papers.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
If that didn't seem so eerily familiar, Doc, then I'd probably be laughing.

Think of us poor Brits, eh? Not only do we have our homes and property abused on Oct. 31st, but Nov 5th is Guy Fawkes' Night, where we celebrate the actions of a man who tried to kill the government. Basically fireworks from here to doomsday.

There a troublemakers. Of course on one day they move to front-door terrorism to artillery. Damn bastards nearly blew up my sister's new Punto one year, and no kidding.

I hate this time of the year. You will probably be reading about me in the international papers unless I move to a more quiet place. Mount Kilimanjaro, for example...
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386