lets stsrt getting organized for 1.10
I know I plan on playing again when 1.10 comes out. So what channel can we all meet on if we want to play with fellow lurkers? Didnt it used to be that on both realms we met in channel lurkerlounge? And that the game name scheme was lln for normal, llnm for nightmare, and llh for hell games?
Signatures suck
The channel is lurkerlounge, although there's hardly ever anybody there. I would imagine there will be even less because of the lobby for B.net in 1.10.

The game names are llnx1, llnmx1, llhx1, etc. (the x is for expansion). There's usually more normal Lurker games than anything else.

Look for ward to seeing you in the channel.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
I for one am all for getting the channel and games started back up. Its been along time since they ended, but 1.10 may just be the boost we need to get them back into business.
I don't know that the Lobby will have any effect on how many bother to enter channel LurkerLounge. You had to enter it manually anyway.

I guess that I should have added "Default Channel" to the 20/20 hindsight thread. It would have been nice to be able to specify a channel to enter.

I have a general idea on how I'll be handling my Ladder accounts. I'll stick with my idea of having Set-based characters, but this time I'll make a separate account for each character class. That way it will be easier (I hope) to manage different builds.

Additionally, I'll have an eighth account that will be for items that will be saved for upgrading and stuff, Gems, Runes, whatever. I'll probably make that account available for goldfish if he wants to grab anything for trading.

My non-Ladder accounts will be kept up for now. Once I get a handle on what's useful, I might prune them down, though. Once the Ladder gets reset, the accounts get lumped together anyway. I can't imagine starting new Ladder characters after the first 1.10 Ladder gets reset, unless that happens very fast. That could happen, I suppose, if they mess up horribly and need to do a cheat fix.

-rcv-
ahh good to know.

anyone else plan on playing agin with the new patch? and want to join in? lurker games are fun because you can uasually trust whoever comes not to be a total dick. not always though. :(
Signatures suck
Sorry, I have the Basin for that :)
Yep. The Basin has way more people, so if you are looking for other people to play with (and a lot of Lurkers are Basiners) then go there.
In the last couple of weeks I have been playing in basin games, and it has been nothing but a very positive experience. I was not aware that we had a mechanism for cooperative community games here, other than by prearrangement. We do/did have the public lounge accounts which were a lot of fun till the one on east was stolen.

The basin has weasletech to distribute game names and passwords with relative security, but it seems to replicate that here would be an awful lot of work on someone's part.

One obvious solution is just to join the basin and not not reinvent the wheel. I must say a number of the faces are familiar. Or, maybe the basin would share the weasletech technology?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
ive never played in a coop game before with LL because i am new, but it sounds like a very good idea, does every one play expansion? or are there games for normal diablo too?
Is someone going to come back to west? *coughcough*
I would prefer to play on west.
Signatures suck
LavCat,Oct 26 2003, 06:04 PM Wrote:One obvious solution is just to join the basin and not not reinvent the wheel.
You nailed it on the head there. The Lounge has never really been about setting up games and such. A community such as the basin that has so many regular games/players is hard to replicate or start up, particularly with a game that's been around as long as D2. If you were to ask, you'll find that the majority of Lurkers who are into cooperative games already play regularly in the basin games. Setting up a seperate WT system for Lounge games would just be setting up a competing system that's trying to do the exact same thing.

The Lounge is absolutely fantastic at what it does. So is the basin. Easiest and best thing is to keep it that way.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
gekko,Oct 27 2003, 11:02 AM Wrote:The Lounge has never really been about setting up games and such.  A community such as the basin that has so many regular games/players is hard to replicate or start up, particularly with a game that's been around as long as D2.
Well put, gekko! Yes, this is not a guild site - guilds come and go, and frankly I don't want to deal with guild politics. You'll find many Lurkers at the Basin.

I always play on USWest, also.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I will join in on this fun, as soon as my computer starts working... <_< or i could do it at a friends house. Hmmm. <_<
"if the bible has taught us anything,and it hasn't, is that boys should stick to boy sports and girls shoud stick to girl sports like hot oil wrestling."-homer simpson
Me-"OH MY GOD,OH MY GOD!!!! 1.10 WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHAT!!!!!....I know what. Fix my computer."
The two best internet comics in the web, penny-arcade and El Goonish Shive. For you.. Also for you.
gekko,Oct 27 2003, 11:02 AM Wrote:You nailed it on the head there.
Sorry about the double negative. I often use multiple negatives intentionally, but not not this time.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."