Dude, where's my Gidbinn?
So I hauled my SP Werewolf out of retirement and decided to carry on where I left off - Right at the start of Act 3 NM. It's unfortunate that I am a perfectionist.

Golden Bird went without a hitch, followed by a long and arduous game of Find The Waypoint in the Spider Forest and Great Marsh. Then it came to be that I wound up in the Flayer Jungle, up to my ass in Flayers.

I find the Gidbinn stand early on, a little distance away from the Flayer Village. Wiped out everything nearby before clicking it. No Gidbinn. I head into the village, massacre everything that so much as coughs including a boss. Still no Gidbinn.

I then proceed to systematically murder everything in the Flayer Jungle. Can't find the damn Gidbinn.

So where's my Gidbinn? Damned if I know...
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Either you some how missed the monster, it didn't spawn in your game (so just do it again :blink: ), or something similar to this happened.
...Or this happened (Twice. Until I realised what was going wrong...), I killed the Rat Man boss too far away from the Gidbinn stand.

I've never seen a layout like the one I saw today. The Flayer "Village" was sorta torus-shaped, with the Gidbinn stand at the junction where the rest of the Flayer Jungle connects, and the "Village" including the Dungeon entrance on the opposite side of the circle, in other words, the Gidbinn was not in the village.

Every other time I've played, the Gidbinn has been smach bang in the middle of the village. And the village has also always been packed. I always clicked the stand first, then take out the rest while waiting for the Rat Man boss pack to spawn and charge at me. These two times were different. Given that the surrounding area is clear, I found myself meeting the pack some distance away from the stand given that they spawned in the jungle northwest of the stand. (i.e. I went to them, rather than them coming to me). Kill the the boss too far away from the stand, and the Gidbinn doesn't drop.

So the third time I played today, I allowed the pack to come to me, and I made sure I killed the boss while the stand was still on screen. Boom! One Gidbinn, followed by one lousy ring.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386