Bug with Sirenes?
Hi,

I was rescuing Anya in nightmare, with 1.10s blizzo sorcie (cold tree damage spells only), when I noticed Sirenes were cold immune. Now, d2data.net lists 0% Siren cold resistance in nightmare and 140% in hell, so I take it d2data.net has it wrong.

But then I had 68% cold mastery, and I wonder.. if the Sirenes have 140% resists also in nightmare, then why isn't the immunity broken? 140-68=72%, I'd say.
There are two monsters in the file that both use the name 'Siren'. One is Cold resist 0% and the other is 100% cold resistant. It is the latter that is being randomly populated in Frozen River area in nightmare and hell difficulties.

The Cold Mastery skill will not have any effect on the monster if they are at 100+% cold resistance. This is apparently a bug.

I have found that what d2data.net has for the listings of the monsters to be rather on the lacking side. It does not usually cover the cases where there are multiple monster that may have the same name. It makes no allowances for the way the game will dynamically readjust the monster level and their TCs based on where in the game the monster is placed. The dynamic readjustment of the monsters level will also change many of their stats such as HP, defense rating, attack rating, damage, etc. Also in several cases I could not fathom how they arrived at the damage out put of some of the monsters in the first place.
Cold mastery won't pierce 100%+ monsters?? Oh-oh. Bad news. Very bad B)

Anyway, thanks a lot for the reply. I'll keep some reserves on d2data.net numbers then.
no elemental pierce mod is working.

there's two kinds of succubi if you didn't know: one that has a weird head which kicks and can cast weaken curse(as well as the other ones) and one which just uses the blood star.

according to d2data though, heh, the two siren's are both of the first type mentioned?