Have any other Lurkers played Morrowind?
Come to think of it, Vivec isn't the fiercest opponent in Morrowind. The nasty buggers guarding Almaxia are the only ones I've never managed to kill.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
There are two Vivecs.

One is a God, who almost never runs out of spell points. He has much higher stats (well not that much, but enough in certain areas to pose a problem-- like near infinite mana and much higher Health capacity).

The other is a (semi) normal fading Dark Elf, after you've defeated Dagoth Ur's source of Godly power.

--This one only has enough spellpoints for 2-3 blasts of his tri-elemental spell, with 50 damage in each element.
--This is the one you guys have fought. I remember fighting a God ;) and then meeting his weakling half-brother once the "main" foe was defeated. At least I got a t-shirt out of it, with Vivec's soul in the front left breast pocket. Defeating Dagoth Ur becomes a little more difficult without the artifact Vivec gives you (again, not spoiling too much), but definitely not impossible-- especially for a high level character who is practically a demigod. Just a level 1 character can no longer defeat Dagoth Ur without the artifact-- usually.

Edit, Seeing Angel's post about Tribunal:

Mmm Almalexia's chosen High Ordinators. They were fun to play with, watching their swords clink of my Courtesan's armor. (yes I made that a custom class). That is, until their swords broke. Then she decided to sap them of their strength, and command one after another to kiss and make up-- while casting a curse of rustic nudity on them (disintegrate armor). Their clothes and accoutrements dropped one by one, until there were none. *Note: Alchemy is very powerful, but all a % constant reflect is all one needs to quickly defeat the Ordinators defending Almalexia. Their weapon spells work against them muahahaha. When my courtesan was bored with sapping them of their strength and cursing them with rust, she decided to work on her bowmanship and have a little target practice.
Regarding those pics of Vivec: Is it just me, or does he look like a reject from Star Trek? You know, from the TOS episode with the White/Black guys? Heh.

And that character had 9 spells? Nine? Sheesh, I have at least 4 times that amount, and I'm only level 9. I likes me custom spells. B)

I'm currently exploring Vivec, just because I've put it off so long (Caius wanted me to go more than a week ago, and I have to run an errand for Forms Mirel there anyway). My 'to do' list is out the wazoo - I've got to go to Maar Gan for a guild quest, to Ald'ruhn for more guild quests, to Tel Branora to see some guy, and I won't even mention the time I volunteered to clear out Fort Firemoth. I had to load a saved game after that one. Shiver. :ph34r:

Betty Netches weird me out. They're like these big, pulsing, blue jellyfish looking things. Ugh, disgusting. I wanted to try soultrapping one to see if it would make good enchantment fodder, but I made Trap the Soul a touch spell. <_< Gonna have to make a targetted version next time I see a spellmaker.

I'm finding it extremely hard to hold onto cash. Part of it's probably that I refuse to pull out-of-character actions like ransacking people's things, so as soon as I get any cash I end up spending it on spells (more spells! muahahaha...) or books - I have quite the collection. :D

I like to just wander around Vvardenfel, exploring. It's just so beautiful. And there are so many little nooks and crannies and general places of interest tucked away everywhere. I found a glowing clump of ferns in the bay north of Pelagiad one night; nothing really special about it, except that it was just beautiful. Whoever did the landscape for Morrowind definitely needs some kudos.

I do have one question though, this little quest is driving me batty. In Vivec, the Foreign Quarter Lower Waistworks, there's this argonian enchanter that wants me to get this bum/merchant away from his front door. The guy just likes to walk up and down the hall selling stuff, I guess. Anyway, I can't get him to agree to leave, he just starts spouting something about wanting to join an acting troupe. Am I missing something - am I supposed to go find him a troupe?
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Drasca,Oct 20 2003, 11:47 PM Wrote:--This is the one you guys have fought. I remember fighting a God ;) and then meeting his weakling half-brother once the "main" foe was defeated. At least I got a t-shirt out of it, with Vivec's soul in the front left breast pocket. Defeating Dagoth Ur becomes a little more difficult without the artifact Vivec gives you (again, not spoiling too much), but definitely not impossible-- especially for a high level character who is practically a demigod. Just a level 1 character can no longer defeat Dagoth Ur without the artifact-- usually.
Ah, I should check it out then. Problem is I don't have a saved game prior to killing D-U with the higher level chars.

Talking of things, you know you can activate vivec's artifact? You have to take it to some NPC that is a merger between a dwemer machine and a fat bastard (I don't want to give too much away either, I'm sure you know who I'm talking about), and then it turns into the real artifact you can use. However, it'll nail you for like 300 damage when you put it on if you get it this way :D

Ach, of course! The original Valky had lots of saved games!

http://walkiry.no-ip.org/morrowind/vivec04.jpg
http://walkiry.no-ip.org/morrowind/vivec05.jpg
http://walkiry.no-ip.org/morrowind/vivec06.jpg

The Cheesy Daedric Longsword™ was more than enough to take him (heal 1-11 on self, paralyze for 2 seconds, all on striking :D).

[wcip]Angel: Almaxia? where's that? I shall let them taste my blade ;)
My Morrowind character (gasp! only one) has the Robe of St Roris. The amount of constant effect healing and fatigue regen is great. It turns the game into something else completely. It almost makes the combat too easy.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Quote:I do have one question though, this little quest is driving me batty. In Vivec, the Foreign Quarter Lower Waistworks, there's this argonian enchanter that wants me to get this bum/merchant away from his front door. The guy just likes to walk up and down the hall selling stuff, I guess. Anyway, I can't get him to agree to leave, he just starts spouting something about wanting to join an acting troupe. Am I missing something - am I supposed to go find him a troupe?

Not to be too specific, there is a patron (the head of one of the houses) who would like to sponsor an actor like him. Then again, it was totally in character for my Nord barbarian to taunt him, and then just beat the snot out of him. I think he raised my hand to hand skills by 10 points. I too was bent on staying in character, Nord barbarian fighter type. But, I was tempted by the school of Destruction. My Level 10 Crusader suddenly devoted all his time towards mastering the forces arcane. Now I'm not sure if I'm the saviour of Vvardenval or its newest fledgling evil demi-god.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Warlocke: Talk to Caius about his "new play" to get the acting troupe out of the way.
.. and yes, Betty Netches are quite revolting. Just you wait till you have to kill one with a fork! (tell me when you've gotten the quest and I'll give you a little tip! ;) )

Cash has never been much of a problem with me. I think I was level 4 when my last character earned his first 100.000. I never buy anything, but I do "persuade" people by giving them lots of money so they'll like me.

-----

Walkiry: Almaxia is a goddess in the expansionpack "Tribunal". You can see her in this picture: http://www.home.no/lzp/mw9.jpg

I think she's either Vivec's sister og girlfriend.

----

Jachs: That robe ruins the game. It's the "iddqd"-version of Morrowind, and the game is no fun when you're invincible.

----

My favourite pasttime in Morrowind is running around gathering unique items as well as complete armors to decorate my stronghold with.
Favourite weapon: Probably the bipolar blade:
[Image: bipolar_sword.jpg]
Drasca,Oct 20 2003, 11:37 PM Wrote:hehe some things aren't meant to be spoiled. Go try it out for yourself.

Anywho, I've done all of the methods successfully (sometimes through trial and error) and made thieves guildmaster without being expelled once. That's not too hard, but you're really limiting yourself if you think there's only 1-2 successful options. There are many many ways, I just listed the easiest ones I remembered. I didn't even mention Master Aryon's grand dominator, expensive glove. Calm Humanoid, and Command Humanoid are such useful spells. Nor did I mention use of summonables (conjuration is tricky and expensive), or any of the other shady assassination lethal methods. You can mug hand-to-hand without killing. Of course, it always helps to have high% chameleon active whenever doing something shady.

Btw: You said 1-2 ways without angering the thieves ;) quest line. You yourself had a third way, go get expelled and pay the price afterward-- wait however long it takes to be reinstated.
Yes, becoming Thieves Guildmaster without being expelled once is not hard at all. I did it without paying special attention to it.

What I meant by "not angering" of course was not getting expelled in the first place :P
I stopped playing Morrowind a while ago, like when the school year started. The farthest I got was to the third quest of the prophecy. However, my character was about level 10 before I actually started to do anything related to the main story line. I think I became Guildmaster of the thieves guild first. I joined to Morag Tong, but never killed the second guy for the first mission.

I was also puzzled as to why I just kept getting keys in the dungeon on Tel-Fyr where you cure the disease. I did, however, steal stuff from right under the nose of that wizard, I'm good at that, being a theif and all... It was fun while I played it, dunno if I'll pick it up again anytime soon, but it's still installed on my computer.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Hehehe ya that dungeonn is really nice if you are a good thief. Some nice stuff there and funny people around. IIRC there are also 1 or 2 quite pricy constant effect items in there.
I stole almost everything there was. Even most of the useless stuff like candlesticks. I used them to decorate my stronghold, hehe ;)
... Okay, maybe not. I haven't taken many (haven't really seen many things that shouted 'this needs to be shot!'), but here's two:

The first is the study/front room in my house. You can see my book collection (a bit out of date in this shot, though), most of which are organized alphabetically on the bookshelf thanks to the Book Rotate 1.1 plugin.

My Book Collection

The second shows me standing on my doorstep in Balmora. My home is available from Morrowind Abodes, and in my opinion strikes a pretty good balance between opulence and practicality. It even has a closet next to the front door I can store adventuring gear in. B) It's built into the hillside just south of the Hlaalo manor, on the outskirts of town. I pretend it was Tarhiel's house, and since he's dead there's no point in it going to waste, eh?

My Balmora Residence

In both images I'm wearing St. Veloth's Robe, which I picked up in Caldera. It restores 10 points of health per use, with enough magicka reserves for 5 uses on a full charge. Along with a Ring of Fireballs I purchased at the same time, it does a good job of easing the strain on my own magicka - and I finally have a way to up my Enchant skill, too.

I think I've solved my money problems as well. On a whim I soultrapped a Bull Netch, and after several failed attempts to enchant something myself (1000 point soul, niiice), I found that a 20-septim soul gem with a Bull Netch soul in it is worth 900 septims. Now, if that enchanter in the Balmora Guild of Mages has unlimitted 'gems, I am in business...

I really want to enchant a few things ( a dagger/short sword with Absorb Health on strike would be sooo useful), but I guess I'm going to have to work up a cash reserve and train the skill up. At 22 I can rarely recharge items successfully, let alone create any.

Re: kandrathe & Angel
Yeah, I've found people in Vivec talking about some Crassius guy's new play. I haven't run into him yet because I'm going through Vivec systematically, though (did all of the Foreign Quarter, then the Redoran canton, and am in the Hlaalu canton now, which is where he is, I think).

Re: Moldran
I have about a dozen candles/candlesticks I was going to decorate my house with, but it's already well-lit. :( I wanted some violet-hued hallways, darnit.

Edit: Post title was supposed to be "Screenshot Extravaganza!" Stupid preview button. <_<
[ Wrote:Angel,Oct 21 2003, 10:00 AM] Walkiry: Almaxia is a goddess in the expansionpack "Tribunal". You can see her in this picture: http://www.home.no/lzp/mw9.jpg

I think she's either Vivec's sister og girlfriend.
Almalexia was Nerevar's lover/wife and after he died (possibly even before if you chose to believe some of the ingame books) she snuggled up to Vivec.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Hmm.. I'm awfully tempted to start MW up again, but I'm not sure as I've done almost all the quests.

I've played the 3 major classes: Melee, magic-user and bowman. Melee is without a doubt the strongest IMO as it takes too long to get those great arrows from the machinas in Tribunal.

... I'm quite torn. I haven't tried *any* plugins, so that's certainly something to try.

First thing I always do when I start a new character.

First I head to the north-west of Caldera and get myself a pair of boots of blinding speed. Then I get to Tel Fyr and steal the armor in the cupboard at the top next to Mr. Evil and his daedric amulet. (don't remember his name.)

Movement in MW is frustratingly slow. The BoBS are necessities.

Edit: Let me know when you start on Bloodmoon and need help translating the Norwegian words :P

"Who the hell came up with 'Udyrfrykte'?"
[ Wrote:Angel,Oct 21 2003, 09:16 PM]... I'm quite torn. I haven't tried *any* plugins, so that's certainly something to try.
You what?? Deary, go get as many as you can, clog up your hard drive with them, and have some fun! I strongly recommend the Lilacor plugin (yes, the same Lilacor from the Baldur's Gate II game), piss funny that enchanted blade. There are a ton of sidequest plugins that will keep you interested for a week or two ;)

Thanks for the heads up on Almaxia, I haven't got any of the expansion packs, but I might get the whole pack when that game of the year edition shows up. Does it include the original game as well as the expansion packs? I can always give the extra copy to a friend, no big deal :)
Your house is beautiful. I didn't see that one when I was browsing for one.

I was living out of Hlaalu Manor after the Ralen Hlaalu was killed. When my character made Archmage I treated myself with the Pelagiad Archmage Tower mod.

I'm still sore from moving (I guess I collect alot of stuff).

Here is the view of the first floor from the bar, a view of Marelle tending the bar, with another of the same room from the door. Up the stairs is a cozy kitchen and adjoining that is the cozy bedroom. Up another flight of stairs leads to the apothecary storage, with a study and an apothecary workshop. There is also a cellar, with many chests for storage (which I haven't used yet).
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Hey, speaking of plugins/mods, is it safe to add/remove/change them in the middle of a game? I was surfing tonight and found several I'd like to start using, but I don't want to break my saves or anything.

Also, since the impression I get from the official site is that Tribunal and Bloodmoon aren't interdependent (ie, you can install Bloodmoon without having Tribunal) and Bloodmoon's more recent, does that mean it has all the Tribunal extra scripts and thingies? Because I only see plugins listed as needing 'Tribunal' or 'Tribunal & Bloodmoon' on the Summit, never just 'Bloodmoon'...

I think I saw Bloodmoon at the local Wal-Mart for something like $12US recently (trying to clear stock for GOTY I guess), so I may pick it up, and it'd be nice to know what 'expansion required' plugins I can use...
You can add them without trouble. Once you start using them, there are parts of your save file that list those areas as inventory points. The game does a pretty good job of cleaning up by removing all the broken links after you remove a mod. Try just unchecking the mod in "Data Files" first, then load your saved game. You will get some messages, and you will plod through them. When the game finally loads, save it in a new game slot. I always exit out, and see if the new save loads without troubles.

Game of the Year edition *may* just be for xbox, but it does include both expansion packs. Note the *may* because I'm not sure until they release it or give more press. Check Elderscrolls.com

Angel... Go to get plug-ins and mods NOW. Too many to list here. I've burned out. Go. Go now. Explore. Go to the Elderscrolls.com mod forum. Explore. Go. Now.
Heck, Angel, if you do decide to pick up Morrowind again and want plugin suggestions, I can whip up a list. B)

The ones I'm using tend to be more fixes/tweaks/ambience than actual content/quests/items, though. I find alot of the 'material' type plugins either just don't 'fit in' with Morrowind or are ridiculously overpowered.
If I *do* manage to start over again I will definitely use the "no flying monsters"-plugin. Having played through the game and done most quests several times, I am sick and tired of fighting those things. Last time I played I enchanted some stuff so I had about 360 in speed. That way, I could outrun the little buggers.