Infector of Souls' question:
I guess most know 1.10s Infector and gang, and have dealed (or died) with his Megademoninferno attack. While most agree that this should be balanced, I won't bet on that, and have been trying to find out a different solution in 8 players hell games, using one of my zeal paladins, than running and killing the minions one by one leaving Infector for the last. By the way, on some maps town portal and RoF waypoints, because running over them is not a clever option.

So far I've been unlucky. At level 87 using Lightsabre, Guardian Angel, Stormshield, 1.08 String of Ears and charms/jewlery to get 90% resistance to all, 50% damage reduction and 17% life leech, still makes me beg, everytime they surround me, for suntan FPS +65k and 48 slots belts with full rejuvenation potions.

But I've noticed a mercenary in one of my knock-back 8/2 strafazons, a lvl 89 might desert warrior using an Umed Gladiator's Bane, Umed Stealskull and, currently, 'Doom' Giant Thresher, getting 75% resistance to all, damage reduced by 16 and magic damage reduced by 18, that hits, kicks and almost always survives, drinking few to no full rejuvs.

I haven't found out what's the damage involved in Megademoninferno but I hope someone here should link to or explain me its nature, to help me get an answer to the topic's question.
[Image: 37671-NicatorSig0326.jpg]

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Quote:I haven't found out what's the damage involved in Megademoninferno but I hope someone here should link to or explain me its nature, to help me get an answer to the topic's question.

Here was some 1.10beta1 information on the MegademonInferno. While it was toned down a little in 1.10s, the difference was really not that much.
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...=20130&linear=0

What you are running into is something that is in the area of the bugs. There are cases where the monsters/minions can have a base resistance and extra resistance from other sources (items and certain other effects like the necro Summon Resist). Whil the game is checking for a cap from the base resistance, it does not appear to be correctly checking a cap from the base+item situation. Whith what you listed a base of 75% + 2*Um'ed items(15% each), the game should be treating his resitance as 105%. This in turn would leave the merc effectively immune to the fire damage of the inferno flames. The danger then would be when the actually swing and beat on him for the physical damage.
If the game can see the merc as elemental immune, then I have no complains other than he refuses to hire me :)

Anyway, I saw your post before but couldn't find any more information about the damage at monster skill level 11 (Nm) and 15 (Hell). Using +to max fire res and/or fire absortion items should fix Infector and mates, and I'm trying to find out how much of each is needed to carry for the special ocassion, when using a melee character.
[Image: 37671-NicatorSig0326.jpg]

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War