Need help. Being hunted
Recently I was playing in a HC game with my Assassin that is currently at level 24 and doing fine, when I decide to help some people do Act 1. Later whilst I am doing Act 1 with them a Necromancer comes in and make a beeline straight for the stair's to Catacombc Lv3, I get suspicious and follow him down. I see him and he is making a beeline for the stairs at Catacombs Lv4, and at this stage I know he is using MH because he made it perfectly through the Levels first try. I ask him politely to turn it off, and he start's taunting me and asking why he should, I hostiled him, with no intention of PK'ing him, when he say's, "Good luck getting down here.", and practically asked me to PK him, so I made my way down, and since he wasn't there I killed Andy, he then came through his TP and his mages began firing upon me so I quickly ran to him and began using Tiger Strike, he just sat there whilst I did this expecting me to die, and in the end it was his dismise. Shortly after he got his clan and now they want my ear, and are threatening to hack my computer, they have me added' to their friends list, so they can trace my every move, anyone here have any idea's as to how to shake them off?
P.S I have no items to offer them, and they wouldn't accept items anyway :P
...and sigh again. :blink:
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap
There are three things you can do when creating games to avoid them. First, even if you're in their friends list they don't know what game you join when you do so (shows as "a private game" IIRC) unless you have them too. Second, you can limit the level of the people that can join your games even when they're public. Third, you can limit the number of people that can join.

Use a good password. 10 characters with a symbol (%$"!@:;...) or two thrown in. I bet they'll try to bruteforce your account.

Easy peasy :)
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately it came to late. I was playing when I asked a zon for a WP, so she made a tp to it, went hostile came back, and before I could escape, I was dead. The ironic thing is that I had never met her before. But life shal go on. Something was up with that Zon though, at level 32 she did about 500Damage in one arrow, and bypassed roughly 600Defense and 73% block. Anyway, on to my next project, PALADIN:D
That's the spirit. Your HC character lies dead? Go make another class to die in :)
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
It doesn't matter if you're on their friends list. They can't see your game join/leaves or the private channels you're in unless THEY are also on YOUR friends list.

At least, that's been my experience. I try and hide in private channels and games :)
Or Scroll Hack, and probably a bugged or duped or hacked, or a combination, bow. Probably a few Hex charms and maybe even a few "White" rings. The cheated stuff is still all over bnet.

Using Guided Arrow, which can Pierce you up to 4 times, she only needs to do 500 points. 500 points to you 4 times, divided by four for PvP penalty, is 500 points. Your DR is irrelevant to the Guided Arrow skill, and 600 DR against an Amazon at 32 with even a modest one point in Penetrate and only a hundred or so Dexterity will still get you hit about 2/3 of the time with just normal gear at your level with AR bonuses. See the to hit formula at the Arreat Summit if you want to understand why.

Your block, on the other hand, might have been your salvation . . . except that in two seconds, she probably spammed a few GA's per second, so you were eventually going to miss blocking one, eh?

She did hit you with a GA or two, right? From off of the screen? IIRC, GA's are invisible to you when the person shoots them using either Trigger Hack or Scroll Hack, been a while since I was PK'd on bnet by that trick.

Oh, and so far as enforcing "no map hack" stipulations on others in hardcore on bnet:

If you want to go around as the "bnet police," you need an entire department behind you. Be aware that idiots and cheaters run in packs, guilds, and clans.

If you yourself are not equipped to the gills in hacked uber gear, or are a 90+ level, your chances of surviving as a bnet cop are based on your ability to not be seen, as well as your ability to avoid confrontation. With the PK'er using Map Hack, he'll see you first anyway, and possibly shoot from off screeen.

I'd venture to say that your going after the Map Hacking fellow was a waste of time, and an invitation to getting your arse kicked by his clan.

You want to take on a guild? Well, when you were in HS, did you ever take on a gang all by yourself? If you are alone, you are alone, and if he is a member of a gang, you are outnumbered from the get go.

Picking fights with strangers is risky, but if that gives you a kick, so be it. Fun is where you find it. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Sit in channel.
/o ignorepublic
/dnd haha you n00b
Make sure they're on.
Do something else for 6hours.
They'll grow tired.

Patience is not a feature of these lamers. I laugh when I hear these fools sending their clans threatning to hunt me down. So they kill a HC. Boo hoo. They could have spent their time doing more productive things. Well, I guess not. Besides, that's what new accounts are for:D

You can:
1.) Make a new character on the account
2.) Rebuild friend's list
3.) Play said character
4.) By the time it's level 40, that clan probaly ran out of patience as well.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Try joining the Amazon Basin, then you don't need to worry about things like that :) (As long as you play in their games!)
I don't think that Zon was hacked, because there doesn't exist many hacks on HC, and as to what attack she used, to the best of my knowledge it was a normal arrow, no special colors, and there was only one so it was not MS.
Quote:because there doesn't exist many hacks on HC, and

The game engine is identical between HC and SC, absent loot and your not being able to survive death. What works in one works in the other.

I have been both Scroll Hack PK'd and Trigger Hack PK'd, and occasionally just PK'd in Hardcore.

Not sure where you get your information. In HC, when I left pubbies about six months ago, there was plenty of uber gear running about. As to the White and Hex items, and other hacked and or bugged items, they may not be as prevelant in HC as in regular realms, but you need to be under no delusions as to HC being realtively cheat free.

I was updating my account last week, and walked into a Hell Level HC game called 'Hex Here' to check my inventory. Trust me, most of what went on in that game, if the chat screen is any indication, was the usual item begging that has been going on for years, not to mention the usual idiotic trade offers and refusals one comes to expect in a public game.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:The game engine is identical between HC and SC, absent loot and your not being able to survive death. What works in one works in the other.

I have been both Scroll Hack PK'd and Trigger Hack PK'd, and occasionally just PK'd in Hardcore.

Not sure where you get your information. In HC, when I left pubbies about six months ago, there was plenty of uber gear running about. As to the White and Hex items, and other hacked and or bugged items, they may not be as prevelant in HC as in regular realms, but you need to be under no delusions as to HC being realtively cheat free.

I was forced out of my pubbie HC games with the growing amount of trigger hack, scroll hack, ect. I've retired my current characters, and am waiting for 1.10 for a new start on the ladder.

I second: the hacks might not be as prevelant in HC, but they are certainly still there. Play long enough in pubbie HC games, and you are sure to get burned.

Tell you the truth, I still like public games, but lately it has become more of a game of trying to avoid the other players, than a game of teaming up with them. I'm very much looking forward to 1.10
I knew hacks still existed in HC like Trigger Hack and that, I meant items, and I am aware that they to exist, though they are in less aboundance. E.g. Almost every second game in the game list in SC is HEX HERE, or WRING PLZ, whilst I see this on HC, it is very rare.
P.S How did Wrings' and Hex come about? Has it been patched by Blizzard?
P.S.S If it has been patched, my solution for HC? Get a bunch og willing dudes to mow them down. A lot might die, but it would be worth it in my opinion(I would do it myself, but aren't very good at PK.)
Quote:I don't think that Zon was hacked, because there doesn't exist many hacks on HC, and as to what attack she used, to the best of my knowledge it was a normal arrow, no special colors, and there was only one so it was not MS.

It was a hack, I got a level 31 paladin killed by an ama. Basicly, they shoot, go to town and hostile all within a small time period, meaning you are killed and they are in town.

If possible get a screenshot as it happens, and send that and other info to hacks@blizzard.com I'm getting a colection of hacked people to send to blizzard, as I'm fed up of them destroying our game.
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
I try and collect the names of people who hack in games. I especially remember the Zon, I am not sure of the account name but the character name was flower_cutie, and she hostile many people that night and won them all, I recomnded hammering her with a level 99 if you see her then selling her ear on E-bay.
War_Master_Ares,Oct 16 2003, 06:46 AM Wrote:I recomnded hammering her with a level 99 if you see her then selling her ear on E-bay.
Think about it for a second War_Master_Ares. First: if the Zon is using a hack that allows her to kill you from the safety of town, what makes you think that the person wouldn't be using the Chicken Hack to prevent herself from getting PK'd? Second: What purpose would it serve if someone did manage to PK the PK'er? Especially one that relies on Hacks to get the kills? Do you honestly think that such a person would care if they got PK'd? Especially at such a low level? I don't think so. I think the PKer would be up to their tricks in a matter of hours. As has already been stated in this thread, the best offense is a defense when it comes to PK's. They tend to get annoyed if they can't get their PK fix quick enough and will quickly lose interest in PK'ing you if you don't bite their bait.
Quote:They tend to get annoyed if they can't get their PK fix quick enough and will quickly lose interest in PK'ing you if you don't bite their bait.

Exactly. Even more so, as soon as they lose their lvl 30 dueler to a lvl 99, they then bring in their lvl 80 dueler with uber(if not hacked) gear, and proceed to challenge/kill your 99.

Never get into a pissing match with a PK, it's what they live for.

I find that just waiting in town a few minutes, after saying "time for a smoke break" or "time for a snack break" is usually enough to get them to leave.

Also, a few choice taunts also helps them on their way. Just completely ignore their rampant vulgarity and crude attempts to insult you. Ask the other players in the game, "How come all PKs say exactly the same thing? Is there a manual or something?". Tell them that they will never get a chance to kill you, no matter how many times they insult you. *Stay in town*

Don't try to annoy them by going off to remote areas, or hopping in and out of town. It only encourages them.

Sometimes I'm on a lucky streak, and see the same PK in sveral consecutive games. My top is around 20 games in a row for the same PK. Every game I would warn the other players to avoid him. Most often they listen, a he got few kills for those few hours. (this was when I was lvling a lvl 70+ in NM, and the PK was killing lvl 30s-40s; I was not a target myself)
Man, I hate those kinds of morons you can possibly meet on Battle.net

Anyways, I'm sorry that your assassin bit the dust, but anyways - keep your hopes up! You know, if those guys are hacking, the guys at Battle.net will probably catch them sooner or later, and ban them. Remember, patience is a virtue.
Don't listen to those guys when they say they'll hack your computer. Fact is (This is in no way suggesting that I cheat, a friend actually explained how this works), it's much easier to hack items than it is to hack accounts. Frankly that's probably a big bluff.
Basically, be wary, and stay alert, but don't let those puppetered baboons ruin your experience on Battle.net.
Hope this helps!
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll come down any time
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
Quote:1.) Make a new character on the account
This is what I do, join a bunch of public games and keep the character under level 7 until they get bored.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Oct 18 2003, 04:15 PM Wrote:This is what I do, join a bunch of public games and keep the character under level 7 until they get bored.
Mindblast + Thorns = Dead unattentive lvl 7 meleer