Oh the changes!
Well, I finally dusted off my copy of Diablo II and LOD. I installed them all and patched right up to 1.09d (1.10 will come when it's a release). First off... wow. Different game. I stopped playing in September\October 2000 when patch 1.03 screwed up my video settings (Glide) and Blizzard had made some changes to the game (full rejuvenations didn't rejuv instantly anymore, cow level could only be done once per difficulty level, etc).

Now I am playing it again for the first time in almost 3 years and enjoying it considerably more than I did then (having a computer 5x faster now helps a bit). And of course I have obligatory questions.

Diablo Classic had the bug list. Does such a thing exist for Diablo II? If anyone knows, the lurkers would know. I am specifically interested in skills that don't work as advertised or skills that don't work period. Hate to spend skill points on a skill I think works but in reality does nothing ;-)

Character guides. I figured more would be out now. When I left the Barbarian strategy was survive to 30, pump WW, and go nuts (a patch nerfed it a bit as I recall). I've played with a Barbarian for a few days now and have found not too much different in Normal difficulty compared to now. I've read the old guides in Strategy section on the site, but as it is out of date (and I really don't know how out of date it is). I figure I'll just play and find out what I like and what works vs. what doesn't.

How reliable is the info on Blizzard's webpage (Arreat summit I think is the name...)? Is it good advice, is it generic early info (that gets replaced later on), or is it a Prima's Diablo Strategy Guide for Diablo II? ;-)

Diablo classic seems so simple in character development compared to this game. Maybe that's just my old age showing =)

Hopefully my run in Diablo II will last considerably longer than it did 3 years ago ;-)

Selby
I have a Prima Strategy for D2... Arreat Summit isn't that inacurate, by comparison. :) Of course, AS could say that the sky was green, pigs fly, Elvis is alive and ice cream is a vegetable and still look accurate by comparison. :huh:

All skills work... But the eth rune is bugged to be a Jah (Ignores targets defense) on everyone, including boss monsters... If you are looking for guides, The Amazon Basin is a good place to find up to date ones.

About that bug list... There are just too many of them! (of course, most are minor, but there are some big ones, like the eth runed, which works in PvP)
Also -- if you want to play v1.10 right now (not on the Realms though) then you can download the beta from the Arreat Summit which only works in Single Player. Synergies and candy galore... I hate it.