Some information about the countess...
Yes the countess realy existed her name was "Elisabeth Bathory" as far as I know the story goes like this:
Elisabeth bathory was a countess with many servent girls ones one of them did something wrong.
Elisabeth was mad and slapped the girl. A drop of blood fell on her hand. A she wiped the blood of she meant to see that the skin on the place of the blood looked younger! So she killed hundreds of people and she baded in their blood just...to look younger! I know this because my father has a book about Elisabeth bathory a.k.a. the blood countess or countess dracula.(The book is much like the moldy tome!)
Did you like the story? To me it seems unbelievable that all of this realy happened! :(
Yes, but Bathory didn't come back. ;)
<_< Well let's say the countess is based on bathory!
Ah... now the comment you made about Elisabeth in the Countess Chest thread makes sense. :)

It's fun to know that something like that actually happened. I wonder if any other quests are based on fact?
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Umm yeah, theres the, umm, Horadric Malus quest, cause, umm, back in medieval times this one fat guy stole a smithing hammer....and...umm...

And...uhh...that one with the statue that you trade for the other statue that that crazy guy breaks open and feeds to you so you get healthier, that one happened...I think...and....ummm......

The fat guys brother was also a smith. so that one happened....

And in 1512 this one really pale looking dude found his way inside of a mountain and managed to corrupt the EarthRock, so, um, they sent a guy named Tireallus to break it into pieces otherwise bad stuff would happen.....

Um... and cows can walk on two feet and swing polearms, but that wasn't a quest per se....

Soooooo, yeah I think that they are all based on fact.....
Yes, I had heard of that. We used that story to good effect in a haunted house I did about 3-4 years ago. It's a good excuse for blood effects and guest-threatening.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla