Assassin Help
Hi, this is my 2nd post. I was wondering if I could get some input as to how to make a succesful Martial Artist Assassin. I have no idea where to go with this build and your' input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
unless they play guitars, like ninjas, and they have to pork hot babes! Wooohoo wail that guitar....dood leet power to the ninjas....I really, realy, don't like assassins, sorry.

Game Faqs This ALWAYS has what I ned, except that one time...at band camp...well happy huntin'.
There are some guides on diabloii.net in the strategy section. They are for 1.09 though so make sure thats what you want. Other wise you'll have to try and experiment.
Bloodstar6078 @ USWest
ブラッドスター
We need some idea of kit you are going to use, if you have any. If you don't/ are going to play without tweaking, or whatever it's called, tell us. Then we can give you some sort of advice :o
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
Anuvii,Oct 13 2003, 06:15 AM Wrote:Game Faqs  This ALWAYS has what I ned, except that one time...at band camp...well happy huntin'.
Personally I don't think much of the GameFAQ guides as it seems every guide I looked at this morning listed duped and hacked equipment as "must haves". For example, the Martial Artist Guide that I looked at listed .08 gaze, bartuc's and Valor - the experienced player would know that these items were heavily duped, the inexperienced would go out looking for them and perpetuate the use of dupes and hacks on the realms.

My two cents, take as you will.

War_Master_Ares> Since you're doing Hardcore my advice is assuming that you'll be playing with a party and using a shield.

For a successful HC Martial Artist this would be what I would do:

Max Tiger Strike, Claw Mastery, Dragontail and Shadow Master.

For PI's in hell I suggest a few points in Phoenix Strike and/or venom. Mindblast is a great crowd control skill that is worth putting points into.

Str/Dex and vitality are obviously the stats you'll be pumping with this build.
But you can only expect that, as gamefaqs doesn't care what you do, as opposed to this site which is composed of ppl that look down on cheating. Or at least in this game....
Bloodstar6078 @ USWest
ブラッドスター
Thank you for all the help guys, I've made my choice, and it goes:
Claw Mastery: 20
Burst of Speed: 9
Fade: 1
Shadow Master: 5~10
Mindblast: 1
Dragon Flight: 1
Tiger Strike: 20
Pheonix Strike: 20
Wake of Inferno: 20
This is my ultimate goal, and it will probably change in time.
Why Wake of Inferno? You'll have Phoenix Strike Maxxed for elemental damage, no reason to go 3/4 of the way down the Traps tree. Since you're playing hardcore I really can't emphasize enough to max Shadow Master as your tank.
Use death sentry instead of wake of infero. Level 46 wake of inferno only does about 500 damage per second, and that is about as high as you can get it legitly. It's a wicked skill, especialy if you play with other people.

Did game faqs really say use a bartuk? I think I'm gonna go weep. Yes, bartuks are amazing claws, and are cheap, easy to find, etc, etc. But, if you have an ark (I have 1 :), self found, pity it only has 1 skill for barb/nec/sorc), I think you would afford a nats claw, or a cruel, which for melee damage is far greater. I think if you want a walkthrough/guide, your best bet is to find someone who has played the game through and knows what they're talking about.

Good luck on your assasin build, sounds v similar to mine. Make sure to prioritise the skills in which ones you want to max first, and bear in mind tiger strike is better 1 on 1 (usualy used in pvp), so maybe save that for maxing untill later?

Kier

I've done some revision of skills, and I still want to max WoI due to the fact, that some monster groups are scary, and going the pussy path and taking them from a distance will make me feel better. As to Max Tiger Strike, I still want that, as you said it is for PvP and my NEW Assassin is going to be prepared, also I'm going to want it maxed for a fair of amount of leech as I will be wanting a high amount of leech. I may choose to place some more skills in SM, but with the high leech and the occasional use of Cobra Strike I should be alright for health. Thanks for the help guys.
P.S For this Assassin, if I see someone go hostile near a WP I won't sit on my ass trying to see who it is and if I can beat them, I'll be slamming my foot into the Restart button and reefing the internet cable out with the other.
Your character will still be in game for up to 30 seconds, meaning she will die. Your best bet is to save and exit, and look at char levels who enter/set level restrictions.

How would I still be in the game for 30 seconds? If the cord is not in and the computer is not turned on am I still in there?
Since the closed bnet characters are NOT stored locally, but rather, somewhere in the guts of the server itself, yanking the power will not immediately pull your character from the game. I don't recall if anyone ever got an exact time you remain in the game, but I thought it was ~15-30 seconds or so -- easily long enough for that PK to smack you into next year.

Your best bet, as already stated, is to carefully watch the level of new players entering the game, stay away from wp's whenever possible, and, if neccesary, save and exit as quick as you can.

gekko

ps my first HC character to play in an open game in a looooong time faced an attempted assassination last night -- and succesfully ran away! Even my merc survived. Muahahaha. And I'm TERRIBLE at HC!
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Consider if your connection lags out.. You might be frozen up for a while, but you don't leave the game.

It's just part of the program design.. If the server stops receiving from your client, it'll give you 30 seconds before it considers you disconnected. That's why if you interrupt the connection in that fashion (pulling the plug, etc), the server still considers you in game. Exiting, however, informs the server that you have left the game.

WT
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
O.k., cheers. Gee Gekko, you sure have balls playing HC on open, the amount of hacked item that exist is unreal, as are some of the stats of certain players(Lv 2billion anyone?).
HC realm games aren't bad, as low level pkers are crap.Killed one once, made a foh hc pally :)