heavy armor vs light armor?
I know heavy armor slows you down, so that's why alot of people go for light armor... but are there any advantages to heavy armor besides a higher defense?
Some of them look cool.
Normal heavy armors, such as the Gothic Plate and the Full Plate, have fairly low strenght requirements, but they can have up to 4 sockets, while normal light armors can only have up to three. (Breast Plate/Light Plate)

Normal, as in not exceptional or elite ;)
One other advantage is that sometimes good armours simply happen to be heavy. If a unique/set armour you want to use is heavy, there isn't anything you can do to change it.

However, there's no intrinsic benefit from heavy armour. So, if you magically changed an armour from light to heavy, without changing anything else, you'd be going slower and losing more stamina, but wouldn't get any benefit.
So... in elite class... light armors > heavy armors cuz they can have same amount of sockets, high defense and don't burn stamina?

I used a mod making tool once that said that heavy armors had some dmg absorb on them or something? Anyone know anything about that?
Heiho,

I can't look inte the files right now, but there is indeed a inherited damage reduction factor in heavy armors, IIRC something like 5%. Surely there is someone around who has the proper info.

<edit>
I love the internet ...
Have a look here, it is not as easy classified like heavy armor has damred inbuilt, it depends on the specific armor typus
http://www.d2data.net/item/bodyarmor_all1.html
note: this is the data sheet for 1.09
</edit>
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
The absorbs data field does not get used by the game.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

I now know what to get for me yay!
Heiho,

thanks for info Ruvanal :-)
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB