Mageazon in 1.10s.
How should you distribute the stats/skills and what is the ideal equipment set?
"Hi."
Sarcastic answer: Try some combinations out and let us know. By trying things out, you might discover something new.

Less sarcastic answer: The Amazon Basin specializes in this sort of discussion of amazon builds. Search their forum archives for ideas. One good mageazon thread to start you off is this one.
With the exception of a few synergies for skills, there isn't much difference between a 1.09 mageazon and a 1.10s mageazon.

For the cold tree, maxing out cold arrow would do wonders for your freezing arrow damage while ice arrow is unlikely to be all that important. For the fire tree, it's very much personal preference as to how you like to distribute the points for synergy -- whether optimizing immo damage or having a secondary fire attack with EA.

Gear-wise, if you have okayish resistance, whatever works in 1.09 would work just as well in 1.10s. Resistance is simply more important with many dangerous ranged elemental attacks (think gloams etc).

Possible new elite entries as good mageazon gear might be:
- ormus robes (unique dusk shroud)
- arachnid mesh (unique spiderweb sash)
- 'chains of honor' armor -- +2 skills, +20 str and high resists
- 'call to arms' bow -- +2 skills, 40 ias, battle orders

Of course, if you are able to afford a 'call to arms', you could well make it out of a matriarchal bow and play a hybrid between a vamp and a mageazon instead... with the good physical damage and leech of a vamp (via bow), supported by high mana and mana regeneration of a mageazon (via rest of the gear).
I've checked Call to Arms four times. It didn't work on my reflex bow. >_<
Amn, Ral, Mal, Ist. Grr... I think it may only work on melee weapons, or non class specific weapons.
Melody works though, and it's pretty nice.
Also, Chains of Honor armor is awesome.

Also, when I convert to 1.1s, I lose my Harlequin Shako. Which really bugs me. So now I'm planning to find a different helm with better mageazon mods (if possible) and not have 1.1s delete it.
"Hi."
1.10s added an Ohm at the end of the 'Call to Arms' recipe. The Arreat Summit hasn't been updated to reflect that. It does work in bows.
No wonder why. Arreat and its lies...

Ok, now that I have that all figured out. Where should I go to look for a 4 socketed armor. I plan on using my 4 socketed Gothic Plate but I prefer something with lower str requirements if possible.
"Hi."
You can't find any item with 4 sockets in normal, so you'd have to look in nightmare or hell. There's the possibility of finding 4 socket armours anywhere in nightmare and hell, but later in the game, there are more 4 socket armours to choose from (all elites can have that many sockets).

However, there's a problem with looking for 4 socket armours with less strength requirement than gothic. There aren't any. Gothic's 70 strength is the lowest you can get. Dusk shroud is next at 77 (but with much higher defense).